2nd dumb question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2nd dumb question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well I got a hold of the previous owner and he had no idea what I was talking about. He ...
    07dtscaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury III

Re: 2nd dumb question

Well I got a hold of the previous owner and he had no idea what I was talking about. He said he used the OnStar system. Must just be that the owner prior to 2009 put the antenna on to increase the range of his cell phone. We'll leave it at that and thanks to all that offered help.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage
    Not sure which you're talking about. The antenna on the OPs windshield enhances CELL PHONE signal.

Click on the link I posted for a description of BlueStar
    Got it

07dtscaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury III

Not sure what happen to my last post but here goes. I found the previous owner and contacted them. They only used OnStar since 2009 to present and they didn't know anything about the antenna on the upper right side windshield. The owner prior to 2009 must of had it installed and I assume that at that time there was no such Onstar conversion kit available. So we will just leave it that the antenna was a range extension for a cell phone before 2009. Thanks to all for all the info.

Ozlander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Not sure which you're talking about. The antenna on the OPs windshield enhances CELL PHONE signal.

Click on the link I posted for a description of BlueStar
    To check to see if it's working, you would have to go to a location with poor cell phone coverage. With the car turned off, check to see how many bars is on the phone, then turn the car on and recheck the bars. If you see an improvement, then it's still working.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.