Tighten Oil Pan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Tighten Oil Pan in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I hope someone has the info I need. The oil pan has 10mm bolts heads, I can tighten most of ...
    Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Smile Tighten Oil Pan

I hope someone has the info I need. The oil pan has 10mm bolts heads, I can tighten most of them but 2 have no room for my extension bar. The problem is the thickness of the extension bar. Is there such a thing as a very thin extension bar for this kind of work that I could put the 10mm socket on the head and then slip through a very thin shaft extension bar that would be able to connect to the socket. I buy tools as I need them so if this sounds stupid its because I have basic socket sets at home. Any help would be great thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tightwad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 1977 Seville

Re: Tighten Oil Pan

Do you have a 1/4" socket set? My 1/4" extensions are about half the diameter of my 3/8".

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

No I thought mine were 1/2 but maybe 3/8 I'm at work I will check when I get home, but the clearance is only the thickness of a small green Roberts screw driver shaft, would 1/4 be thin enough? Thanks for the reply.

billdaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Caddy View Post
    I hope someone has the info I need. The oil pan has 10mm bolts heads, I can tighten most of them .
    Be sure not to over torque those Oil pan bolts!

big greg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts
    Quote Originally Posted by billdaman View Post

Be sure not to over torque those Oil pan bolts!
    No impact needed!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.