Just installed 22's on the DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Just installed 22's on the DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just installed 22's on the DTS ..... Wheels Lexani LX-7 (22x8.5) Tires Lexani LX-Nine (245/30R22) Ride Quality I really feel ...
    kadylac1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CADILLAC DTS

Just installed 22's on the DTS

Just installed 22's on the DTS .....

Wheels
    Lexani LX-7 (22x8.5)

Tires
    Lexani LX-Nine (245/30R22)

Ride Quality
    I really feel that the ride quality is equal to (if not better than) stock wheels & tires. You do have to pay closer attention to the road, so you can avoid potholes and street dips.

newwheels1.jpg

newwheels2_zps29ae247e.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacVogue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS Performance

Re: Just installed 22's on the DTS

With 22" Lexani's?? Im riding on 20" Vogues right now and I could immediately tell the difference between those and the stock 18's. That being said, the rims look great. 22's in my opinion are just the right size for this car, looks wise. Unfortunately for me long winters up here take their toll on the roads, and I just can't deal with flat tires and bent rims every other month.

big greg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts
    I'm with you on that I like the ride better with my 22s than the 18s. Coulda been the hard michelins and then the crappy good years I had on tho.

RubirosaGGatsby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

I often wonder if I should have gone with 22's over 20's. I like the way the 22's fill up the space more than the 20's, despite the Vogue tire adding a little space-filling illusion with the white wall.

Did you (or anybody) look at 9 inch wide wheels? I have 8.5, too, and always find myself thinking something slightly wider would have given it a little more modern, aggressive stance.

AElayyat is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 85 Fleetwood Brougham, 90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
    Looks clean!

My wheel is a nine inch wide.

@CadillacVogue: Yeah, the 22's ride great and I feel the wheels look great too. I'm glad that (in California) the worst we get is rain. Lol.

@big greg: I was rolling on 17-inch Falken tires and my passenger seat would shake every so often. I heard the stock wheels aren't the greatest quality.

@RubirosaGGatsby: I heard 22x9 fit, but I originally wanted to go with 20-inch Vogue Tyres and Lexani Wheels. Might change it up in a couple of months.

@AElayyat: Thankx

CadillacVogue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS Performance

@kadylac1: Good to hear, Like I said Ive always believed 22's are the right size for our cars. I guess I was just really surprised you were happy with the ride. Generally 22's on cars just don't allow enough cushion between the rim and the pavement compared to stock. Although Ill admit roads up here are probably a little rougher than what you guys deal with. Pretty much the only time I can appreciate the "Cadillac ride" is on the interstate, lol.

By the way, looks like you've got an E&G Grille on there. Which one did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacVogue
    @kadylac1: Good to hear, Like I said Ive always believed 22's are the right size for our cars. I guess I was just really surprised you were happy with the ride. Generally 22's on cars just don't allow enough cushion between the rim and the pavement compared to stock. Although Ill admit roads up here are probably a little rougher than what you guys deal with. Pretty much the only time I can appreciate the "Cadillac ride" is on the interstate, lol.

By the way, looks like you've got an E&G Grille on there. Which one did you go with?
    I went with the E&G Classic Grille.

Gomaz likes this.

Sorry to grave dig this thread, but I'm considering changing from 20 to 22 and have been seeing mixed stories about it. Did you have to cut the wheel well or do any additional modification to get the 22's to fit?

Gomaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS II

I run 245-40-20s in the summer. The tire brand was wanli, they are too loud but the price was good, any other brands that are quite running? ,looking for a comfort ride and quiet, not so much a performance tire. Because they cost so much I wanna start saving now, don't want spring to get here and i need to come up with over $1000 on the spot.
    I posted a thread (summer tires) asking this as well but there does not seem to be too may ppl with 20+ rims on the forum

I don't think there is to many tires in 20+ size that are quiet , I had some lexani tires that were loud. Same with nexxen tires. Sorry not to be helpful
    Gomaz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomaz
    I run 245-40-20s in the summer. The tire brand was wanli, they are too loud but the price was good, any other brands that are quite running? ,looking for a comfort ride and quiet, not so much a performance tire. Because they cost so much I wanna start saving now, don't want spring to get here and i need to come up with over $1000 on the spot. I posted a thread (summer tires) asking this as well but there does not seem to be too may ppl with 20+ rims on the forum
    Vogue makes some 20's with just a gold "V" on the sidewall that are closer to $6-700 for a set. Not sure how quiet they are but the Vogue whitewalls I have are pretty decent.
    Gomaz likes this.

ivan_07dts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

you have any picture of your car with the 9 inch wide? is the rims sticking out? i want to put some rims in couple months i wonder if 22x9 is flush?

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_07dts View Post
    you have any picture of your car with the 9 inch wide? is the rims sticking out? i want to put some rims in couple months i wonder if 22x9 is flush?
    I'd think 9" could be good because I have 8.5" and it's just a bit narrower than the fenders. In the pics I've attached, the tire looks flush because they bump over slightly past the wheel. It would be important to make sure that the wheels have the proper offset because it could be 9" in the wrong arrangement and either not fit (hit the back of the wheel well) or stick out past the fender. Also, with a fit that close you may need to do a little fender work to try to preserve the life of the tire.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.