Memory seat problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Memory seat problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My drivers side memory seat will sometimes not move back when I turn the car off. Likewise if I press ...
    phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

Memory seat problem

My drivers side memory seat will sometimes not move back when I turn the car off. Likewise if I press the "exit" button, the one between memory 1 and 2, it will not move back. I have found the p/n for the seat position sensor and thought that might be the problem? Also, something I've wondered since getting this car, is there a way to make the the seat move ALL the way back when I press the exit button? When its working properly of course. When it works, and I press the exit button, it will go back a little ways. If I press it again it will go back a little further. Is this the intended operation? I'm the only driver of this car so when I get this fixed I suppose I can just program seat position number 2 as my exit position. Anyone experience this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Memory seat problem

I turned off the automatic movement when turning the key off.
    My EXIT button works just like yours... you have to push it a couple of times before it goes back far enough.

Like you... I am the only driver of my car.
    I programmed the the Number 1 button for my exit position and the Number 2 button for my driving position.

I like it that way.

Tedk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS, 1984 Eldorado Conv.

I had a similar problem. Sometimes the seat would go back sometimes not. Also would not always go to the correct forward position. Posted here and people said check the battery and ground cable. Sandpapered the ground were it bolts to the car and replaced the battery. The memory seat has worked perfect ever since.

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

#PIC3699D: Easy Exit Seat Operation - column driver memory personalization power seat steering telescope tilt - (Jul 7, 2009)
    Subject: Easy Exit Seat Operation -
    Models: 2006- 2009 Buick Lucerne
    2006- 2009 Cadillac DTS

This PI was superseded to include 2009 model year. Please discard PIC3699C.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
    Condition/Concern:
    Some customers may comment they are unable to program the Easy Exit Seat to their liking or that the seat stops short of the desired position.
    Recommendation/Instructions:
    Ensure the customer is familiar with the intended operation. The Easy Exit Seat function is different than previous models customers may be familiar with. When the feature is initiated, on vehicles built prior to May 18, 2006, the Driver Seat will move down slightly and back 2 inches from its starting position. The power Tilt/Telescope Steering Column (If equipped) will move upwards 2 inches and inward slightly from its starting position. The seat horizontal travel was increased from 2 inches to 3.5 inches on vehicles built on or after May 18, 2006. The amount of seat and steering column travel cannot be personalized. The seat and steering column will move again by the same amount each time the exit button is pressed.
    This is considered normal operation of the vehicle and no repairs should be performed.
    On vehicles built prior to May 18th, 2006 the seat travel can be increased from 2 inches to 3.5 inches by Programming the Driver Position Module (DPM) with the most current calibration.
    Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed

phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

Thanks Danog

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.