How do I set the park assist on my 2009 DTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, How do I set the park assist on my 2009 DTS? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I see in the DIC that it says its shut off. I cant seem to change the option in the ...
    maybeenuf4u is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS

How do I set the park assist on my 2009 DTS?

I see in the DIC that it says its shut off. I cant seem to change the option in the DIC. Pretty sure mine has it, or else why would it tell me its off. I recall the sales guy mentioned it too.

I also note the front and rear "lights" and the bumper "sensors" nothing seems to be wrong except that I cant change the option in the DIC.

Any thoughts on if the park assist is worth it to have it on, or is it too sensitive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Re: How do I set the park assist on my 2009 DTS?

Page 3-72 of my owner's manual says it is automatically turned on with each vehicle start, but can be turned off manually using the DIC button of the car with the "i" next to it. Cycle through to parking assist and then push the check mark button to change the status. There could be a problem with yours if it tells you it's off at starting and won't come on manually.

I like having it because my neck doesn't like turning all the way around (it was designed for old people). Now I have to remember to twist further when driving a car without it. Haven't needed the front one yet. Frankly, I'd rather have a hood ornament.

Vitaqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts

I'm sort of young and I use mine because of the huge blind spots in this particular car. Not even my big Fleetwood has this problem. I was really surprised. I'm happy they provide this assist for this very reason.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I use mine when parking in my garage.
    I slowly pull forward till it BEEPS... then let it roll back about 6 inches.
    That is perfect to give me plenty of room at the front of the car to walk thru and still leave plenty of room for the garage door to close.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

Mine sometimes says it's off, but I just ignore it because when I need it, it's always there.

Great invention, I have the old-fart seized neck syndrome (OFSNS) and really miss the rear one on rentals. Last week in San Diego I had an Impala with similar invisible rear end as our DTSs and it was so bad sometimes Mrs Haz had to get out and tell me how much space I had.

The front ones I don't miss so much on rentals but on my own car I use it every time I park in my garage: with all the other things in it the garage (garbage cans, recycling bins, etc.) the actual parking space has 8" clearance for me and I have to try to keep it equally divided between front and rear...

frostsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I've had rear parking assist on 4 cars prior. My wife just bought a mercedes and it doesn't have it. She and I both complain now that we don't have it. Funny how you start to rely on the system. I like having it especially when my daughter leaves her bike right behind the caddy!

More than the rear I like the front assist -- like another post said it is perfect for parking in the garage. Slowly park and wait for the beep and I'm always good. I use a lot of parking garages when at work and the spaces are tight so it comes in perfectly before I bump the front on the concrete walls!

As far as it being too sensitive unless you get really close to cars in front of you in slow traffic you won't set it off... It will only activate under 5mph or so and even in bumper to bumper traffic it rarely goes off.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Quote Originally Posted by frostsdad View Post
    I like having it especially when my daughter leaves her bike right behind the caddy!
    A neighbor kid put my tricycle right behind my grandmother's brand new 1964 Cadillac and she backed over it. Put a hole in the gas tank.

As far as it being too sensitive unless you get really close to cars in front of you in slow traffic you won't set it off... It will only activate under 5mph or so and even in bumper to bumper traffic it rarely goes off.
    An attractive young woman did a video review of the new ATS with the vibrating seat cushion alert system. The left side vibrates if the problem is to the left, the middle when a car in front gets too close. She fake complained about it and then said, "I tailgated A LOT!"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.