Navigation unit
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Navigation unit in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am doing a Nav swap into my '08 DTS that has Bose and no nav. I purchased a unit ...
  1. #1
    Dadillac's Avatar
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,779

    Navigation unit

    I am doing a Nav swap into my '08 DTS that has Bose and no nav. I purchased a unit from eBay for the DTS. I received it today and see that the seller sent a unit for an '08 SRX. Physically it will fit. Does anyone know if the SRX unit will actually work in my DTS? I am in NJ and the seller is in California. If this will work I do not want to send it back and deal with it all. TIA

    Don

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Navigation unit

    The SRX and DTS share the same Nav unit. It will work fine.

  4. #3
    Dadillac's Avatar
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Navigation unit

    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    The SRX and DTS share the same Nav unit. It will work fine.
    I like your answer but are you sure? They do have different part numbers. I will probably try to get it to work anyway before shipping it back to Cali. But I assume that the SRX's rear seat entertainment runs through the unit. The DTS didn't have that right? As long as I can get the actual navigation to work and the XM to recognize my iPod interface I am good.

    Don

  5. #4
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,266

    Re: Navigation unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac View Post
    I like your answer but are you sure? They do have different part numbers. I will probably try to get it to work anyway before shipping it back to Cali. But I assume that the SRX's rear seat entertainment runs through the unit. The DTS didn't have that right? As long as I can get the actual navigation to work and the XM to recognize my iPod interface I am good.

    Don
    Hello Don,
    The answer phigment gave to you is correct. The 2008 DTS and 2008 SRX use the same navigation system (Denso Black Tie). If you are having issues with doing this on your own, you can take your vehicle to a Cadillac dealership for them to take a look at and install for you. Please keep us posted on your navigation unit installation. I would like to make sure your vehicle is the way you want it to be and the navigation unit works how you want in your DTS. Have a great night!

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  6. #5
    Dadillac's Avatar
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Navigation unit

    Thank you Laura and phigment. I might do the install tomorrow

    Don

  7. #6
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,266

    Re: Navigation unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac View Post
    Thank you Laura and phigment. I might do the install tomorrow

    Don
    You are welcome Don! I am here to help you Keep me posted on the installation!

    Sincerely,
    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  8. #7
    Dadillac's Avatar
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Navigation unit

    Hello folks I have an update. I did the install today. Didn't take long at all. Phigment's wiring diagram and wiring instructions were spot on. Now to the issues. First, the nav unit is part number 25848914 and is listed for a SRX not a DTS. Phigment and Laura said it should work fine. But after the install I have no audio. When I turn the unit on and switch to FM the FM stations scroll between like 79 and 90. That isn't even close to right. The AM stations aren't all there. The only AM I listen to is 1010 and it skips past 1010. In the audio menu I have listed AM, FM, blank space, Aux, and TI. XM isn't even displayed. Lastly when I hit the Nav button, load the disc, it shows a read error and ejects the disc.

    Will having the unit programmed at my local Cadillac dealership straighten all of these issues out? Or am I in need of a different Nav unit? I am at a loss. I am planning on showing up at the dealership tomorrow morning in hopes that they can fit me in but my intuition says that won't happen. Any info that can be provided will be hugely appreciated. TIA

    Don

  9. #8
    phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Navigation unit

    You must have unit programmed at the dealership. After it is programmed you will have sound. Grats on your install. :-)

  10. #9
    Dadillac's Avatar
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Navigation unit

    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    You must have unit programmed at the dealership. After it is programmed you will have sound. Grats on your install. :-)
    Thank you for the write up. Do you think, or know, if the other issues are due to not being programmed?

    Don

  11. #10
    phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Navigation unit

    Most of it I think. Make sure you are putting your map disc in the correct spot. You can access the correct DVD slot by going into ttyhe settings/navigation and selecting the option to eject the nav DVD. Apologies, I'm not in my car so I do not know the exact verbiage.

  12. #11
    Dadillac's Avatar
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Navigation unit

    As soon as I hit the Nav button it said to load the disc. I opened the screen and the screen lowered exposing the slot. I didn't put it in the CD slot LOL

    Don

  13. #12
    phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Navigation unit

    I didn't know and I've learned not to make assumptions . What is the P/N on your map disc and is it new? Also, my nav unit was "reset" before it was sent to me. I still had to get it programmed. If your unit was not "reset" I am unsure of what problems you would experience. I know that when programming there are multiple P/N's available for the nav units and the fact that you have the correct P/N will make it easier on the tech.

  14. #13
    Dadillac's Avatar
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Navigation unit

    Not sure of the part number of the disc but it is a new 2011 disc. Update 6.0c I think. Hopefully the dealer can program it tomorrow and then I can see how it turns out. The thing that worries me the most is that the XM option isn't showing. I run my iPod through an interface that uses the XM module.

    Don

  15. #14
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,266

    Re: Navigation unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac View Post
    Hello folks I have an update. I did the install today. Didn't take long at all. Phigment's wiring diagram and wiring instructions were spot on. Now to the issues. First, the nav unit is part number 25848914 and is listed for a SRX not a DTS. Phigment and Laura said it should work fine. But after the install I have no audio. When I turn the unit on and switch to FM the FM stations scroll between like 79 and 90. That isn't even close to right. The AM stations aren't all there. The only AM I listen to is 1010 and it skips past 1010. In the audio menu I have listed AM, FM, blank space, Aux, and TI. XM isn't even displayed. Lastly when I hit the Nav button, load the disc, it shows a read error and ejects the disc.

    Will having the unit programmed at my local Cadillac dealership straighten all of these issues out? Or am I in need of a different Nav unit? I am at a loss. I am planning on showing up at the dealership tomorrow morning in hopes that they can fit me in but my intuition says that won't happen. Any info that can be provided will be hugely appreciated. TIA

    Don
    Hello Don,

    The best course of action is to take your vehicle into your local dealership and have them program the unit. The dealership will be able to properly diagnose your vehicle issue and fix your concerns. I do understand this can be frustrating to not have the system up and running one hundred percent after it was installed. I would like to stay informed throughout this process, so let me know once your navigation unit is looked at! If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know. Have a great night.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  16. #15
    phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Navigation unit

    Let us know how it goes after it is programmed. I'm not familiar with the SRX but it might be possible that donor vehicle did not have XM installed. The reprogramming should fix this if that is true. Also the blank spot is DVD and will not show unless a DVD is in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting