put some new brakes on the ride! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, put some new brakes on the ride! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Those are some of the cleanest 22's Ive seen yet. I ve had three sets and all have been destroyed ...
    22ink is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: put some new brakes on the ride!

Those are some of the cleanest 22's Ive seen yet. I ve had three sets and all have been destroyed (bent rims) broken tie rods....alignment issues....come to the conclusion that i cant keep beating my ride up anymore.....bums me out but ive resigned myself to the 18" performance wheels.....those are extremely nice brother...

big greg is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts
    Quote Originally Posted by kadylac1 View Post

How is that new brake system working out for you?
    Awesome. Low dust and really easy stops

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gomaz View Post
    and do the drilled and slotted rotors eat thru the pads faster then normal rotors?
    I use ceramic pads. I'm not sure if they do or not.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 22ink View Post
    Those are some of the cleanest 22's Ive seen yet. I ve had three sets and all have been destroyed (bent rims) broken tie rods....alignment issues....come to the conclusion that i cant keep beating my ride up anymore.....bums me out but ive resigned myself to the 18" performance wheels.....those are extremely nice brother...
    Thank you sir, I only ever bent a 24. And those caused this car a lot of headache. These here are a good brand and everything is new on my car. So I'm confident that if I'm careful it will be OK. Plus the tire size is only 1% different than stock

22ink is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: put some new brakes on the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by big greg View Post
    Awesome. Low dust and really easy stops

----------

I use ceramic pads. I'm not sure if they do or not.

----------

Thank you sir, I only ever bent a 24. And those caused this car a lot of headache. These here are a good brand and everything is new on my car. So I'm confident that if I'm careful it will be OK. Plus the tire size is only 1% different than stock
    Yeah....22's will always be my favorite wheel.....its not the wheel or the quality of said wheel.....its simply the 30 series tire....I wish a 35 or a 40 would work and id never run anything else.....freeway transition took one driver front.....pothole took another....and an improperly graded saw cut section of the road took out all 4 at once. The city paid for that set....plus rental carand alignment costs....but ive been forced to recognise that a 30 series tire and the weight of the DTS just isnt compatible unless your roads are pristine....and here in the sacramento area unfortunately they are not.....but those wheels are easily the nicest ive seen yet.....im envious and truly wish you luck keeping them round....

big greg is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts
    Yea they came with a set of 35s. I wish they would have fit. But Yea a pothole is what caught my 24. And I'm hoping to keep these around. Now keeping them clean on the other hand lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.