08 dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 08 dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I recently purchased a 08 DTS from an insurance auction because I thought that was the only way I could ...
    qseals is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

08 dts

I recently purchased a 08 DTS from an insurance auction because I thought that was the only way I could afford one as nice as I have. I am rebuilding it to have it inspected and registered in Atlanta GA however I need to have the control module for the seat belts and air bags reset. Also need the clock spring that goes under the steering wheel...do you guys have any insight or direction I could go in to affordably have the control module reset. Thanks in advance guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacVogue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS Performance

Re: 08 dts

Best bet would probably be just to go to a GM service center.

danog is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

Re: 08 dts

Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision
    Accident With or Without Air Bag Deployment – Component InspectionsCaution: Proper operation of the SIR sensing system requires that any repairs to the vehicle structure return the vehicle structure to the original production configuration. Not properly repairing the vehicle structure could cause non-deployment in a collision or deployment for conditions less severe than intended.

After a collision, inspect the following components as indicated. If any damage is detected, replace the component. If damage to the mounting points or mounting hardware is detected, repair the component or replace the hardware as needed.
    • Steering column—Perform the steering column accident damage checking procedures. Refer to Steering Column Accident Damage Inspection.
    • Instrument panel (I/P) knee bolsters and mounting points—Inspect the knee bolsters for bending, twisting, buckling, or any other type of damage.
    • I/P brackets, braces, etc.—Inspect for bending, twisting, buckling, or any other type of damage.
    • Seat belts—Perform the seat belt operational and functional checks. Refer to Seat Belt System Operational and Functional Checks.
    • Seats and seat mounting points—Inspect for bending, twisting, buckling, or any other type of damage.
    • Passenger seat bottom with passenger presence system (PPS)—Check for any dtcs or problems that may cause the PPS not to function properly.
    • The roof and headliner mounting points.
    Frontal Inflator Module DeploymentAfter a collision involving air bag deployment, replace the following components.
    Important: The front passenger seat is equipped with a PPS, which detects an occupant. If the requirements for disabling the I/P air bag are met then the PPS will communicate with the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) to disable/turn OFF the I/P air bag, even in a accident. For more information on the PPS refer to Supplemental Inflatable Restraint System Description and Operation.
    • Inflatable restraint I/P module, if deployed and after performing the necessary inspections listed above
    • Inflatable restraint steering wheel module
    • Inflatable restraint SDM
    • Inflatable restraint front end sensor, left/right
    • Inflatable restraint seat belt pretensioners
    Perform additional inspections on the following components.
    • Steering wheel module coil and the coil wiring pigtail—Inspect for melting, scorching, or other damage due to excessive heat.
    • Mounting points or mounting hardware for the I/P, steering wheel module, SDM, and pretensioners—Inspect for any damage and repair or replace each component as needed.
    Accident With Side Air Bag Deployment – Component Replacement and InspectionsAfter a collision involving side air bag deployment, replace the following components.
    • Inflatable restraint side impact sensors (SIS), left/right, on the side of the impact
    • Inflatable restraint roof rail module, left/right, on the side of the impact
    • Inflatable restraint SDM
    • Inflatable restraint seat belt pretensioner
    Perform additional inspections on the following components.
    • Mounting points or mounting hardware for the SIS—Inspect for any damage and repair or replace each component as needed.
    • Mounting points or mounting hardware for the roof rail module (left/right) on the side of impact—Inspect for any damage and repair or replace each component as needed.
    • Mounting points or mounting hardware for the SDM and seat belt pretensioners—Inspect for any damage and repair or replace each component as needed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.