whitewall tires on a 2009 dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, whitewall tires on a 2009 dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have been looking for whitewall thin stripe tires for my 09 dts. I cant seem to find anything but ...
    bigdee4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 escalade ext 09 dts

whitewall tires on a 2009 dts

I have been looking for whitewall thin stripe tires for my 09 dts. I cant seem to find anything but vogues that match the 235 55 17.(are they any good comparable to the stock tires). I have seen other sizes like 235 60 17 but not sure if they would fit, handle or even look good. thanks i really appreciate any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: whitewall tires on a 2009 dts

the only whitewall tires i could find in that size are Goodyears the Eagle LS and the Radial LS

both on the more expensive side of the list of tires in that size

i've also got a call into my TireRack rep to see if they have anything

----------

just got off the phone with TireRack

they only have those two Goodyears

they're more expensive because of their load rating (they're livery/limo tires)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

CadillacVogue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS Performance

If your looking into the Vogues, they are pretty decent tires. For the price you could probably find something a bit better, but one thing to keep in mind is their roadside warranty. Basically if you have a tire go bad for any reason and you are still within a certain tread depth Vogue will sell you a new tire at a considerable discount.
    About a year ago I found a large slice in my tire; apparently I drove over something at some point, and I brought the tire into Discount Tire to see if they could get me a new one. They called Vogue; measured the tread depth and Vogue instructed them to sell me a new tire at a 50% discount. I had a little over 10,000 miles on the tire at that point. Just for that they are well worth the premium.
    The only negative I can think of with the whitewall Vogues is keeping them clean. Its a huge pain, especially during the winter months.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

The link below will tell you how far off a different size tire would be:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I would think someone would be making whitewall tires for "classic" cars, but probably not in R17. There really isn't enough sidewall left on newer cars to make a stripe worth the trouble. Someone posted their Vogue rubberbands on the Show us your ride thread today. I suppose it's one way to show off your disposable income--$1000s in wheels and tires on a 5 y.o. car.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

There have been a couple of lengthy threads here on this issue with lots of tire info on it. Just do a search.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Custom Tires: http://www.dbtires.com/
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

RubirosaGGatsby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

I've seen some shops that will "make" (I'm assuming a paint of some sort) a white wall tire for you. They took 24 inch tires and made them to resemble Vogues--some with different colors in place of the traditional mustard. I'm guessing they did it because Vogues don't come in that size. However, a shop that can do that can certainly do that on a 17 inch tire of the size you want, too. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of the price and can't recall the name of the shop I saw doing it, but there's bound to be one in your area if you decide to go that route.

tightwad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 1977 Seville

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Chris has a good idea here. I'm going to check with Diamondback about putting a thin whitewall on the Michelin Primacy. That is, if the Primacys I have now ever wear out!

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

I saw some painted on WSW on a mid-90's DeVille tonight. Looks OK at a distance, a little ragged on the edges up close. The white went right up to the wheel rim, unlike factory whitewalls.

RubirosaGGatsby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

Here's an example of the custom white (or any color) wall I mentioned above.

3La3N93H55Eb5Ff5Jad31d14fde2f3d3916d3.jpg
    3K63Lc3Fe5Gc5H25M3d3109ee5fabb2ba103a.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.