2007 DTS Electrical issues, please help me
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2007 DTS Electrical issues, please help me in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm getting codes. U0101: Lost communication with TCM, U0073: Control Module comunication bus "a" off. I thought the TCM was ...
    Rocc4Rocc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Cadillac Deville, 03 Cadillac STS, 07 Cadillac DTS

2007 DTS Electrical issues, please help me

I'm getting codes. U0101: Lost communication with TCM, U0073: Control Module comunication bus "a" off. I thought the TCM was the problem, so I bought a used one off eBay, and had had a tech reprogram it. And I'm still have the same issues. The issues are, DIC displays, service traction control, service brake assist, service suspension system. When the first 2 messages display on the DIC the doors lock and unlock, all the gauges fluctuate, and the trannsmission shifts 1st and 2nd gear around 1400 rpm rather than the regular 2200 rpm. You can also feel it jerk when shifting. Also it has trouble going over the 2000 rpm mark, as if it gets stuck on 2nd gear. As for the service suspension issue, I had the front struts replaced and not the rear. I ordered the rear shocks and plan on installing them to resolve that issue. Please help me, it's driving me crazy with the chims going off nonstop, I love my Cadillac, and want to fix it asap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: 2007 DTS Electrical issues, please help me

There is a way to REBOOT all of the electronic modules in the entire car.
    Sometimes ( lots of times) that will fix random electrical gremlins.

Remove BOTH battery cables... negative cable FIRST...
    Touch both cables together for 5 seconds or so, making sure they have good contact with each other.
    This will drain all the capacitors in the system.

While you have the cables off... undo the one bolted to the floor.
    Take a little piece of sandpaper and sand the paint away from the attachment point.
    It will then have a better ground.

Re-attach the battery cables... negative cable LAST...
    You will have to do the window EXPRESS UP learn again and you MAY have to do the memory seat settings again.
    Sometimes they will forget the seat settings and sometimes they don't.

Just did it, drove it around the block and I think that fixed it. Am going to drive it for about 50 miles and see if any symptoms appear. Will post an update tomorow, thanks Superjim.

So I drove it maybe 10 miles and the same issue returned. I don't know what to do next.

Asguard726 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Platinum
    I know you don't want to, but sometimes the dealer is the best solution. Especially with regard to the electrical systems.
    At the very least they should be able to diagnose the problem and give you a cost estimate.
    I wish you luck,
    Dan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.