Multiple Intermittent Electrical Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Multiple Intermittent Electrical Issues in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Found the front passenger window on my 2006 DTS wide open this morning. Apparently opened by itself during the night. ...
    hunter548 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Multiple Intermittent Electrical Issues

Found the front passenger window on my 2006 DTS wide open this morning. Apparently opened by itself during the night. Definitely started out closed last night. The rear passenger window did the same exact thing a couple of weeks ago.

I had been having an intermittent issue with the driver's side window express "up" not working that seemed corrected yesterday by doing the "hold the window switch in the up position for 30 sec" fix I saw on this forum. I don't know if it was just a coincidence that I reset the driver's window and the front passenger's window got funky.

Also, the driver's side courtesy light in the door will also intermittently stay on after starting the car (need to turn the car off, wait for the dome/courtesy lights to go off and turn car back on to reset).

Is there single module that controls all of these "features" or are there multiple modules involved? Is there a way to reset it (or them) to try and address all of my issues before module replacement?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Multiple Intermittent Electrical Issues

There is a way to REBOOT all of the electronic modules in the entire car.
    Sometimes ( lots of times) that will fix random electrical gremlins.

Remove BOTH battery cables... negative cable FIRST...
    Touch both cables together for 5 seconds or so, making sure they have good contact with each other.
    This will drain all the capacitors in the system.

Re-attach the battery cables... negative cable LAST...
    You will have to do the window EXPRESS UP learn again and you MAY have to do the memory seat settings again.
    Sometimes they will forget the seat settings and sometimes they don't.

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

If what Jim says ^ does not work you may need to take to a GM dealer (does not have to be Cadillac) and have the software updated.

My 2006 was doing crazy things concerning the windows and at one time even the cruise. Local Chevrolet dealer did a software download and all problems were corrected.

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

#PIC3984B: Rear Door Window Opens By Itself - keyword connector - (Oct 10, 2008)
    Subject: Rear Door Window Opens By Itself
    Models: 2006- 2009 Cadillac DTS

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIC3984A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
    Condition/Concern:A customer may comment that a rear door window opens without activating the controls. The cause may be water intrusion or corrosion inside of C300/X300 Body Harness to the Left Front Door Harness or C301/X301 Body Harness to the Right Front Door Harness.
    Recommendation/Instructions:Inspect C300/X300 or C301/X301 pins for the moisture and corrosion. Clean and repair the connections as necessary.
    Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.