Water Pump Replacement 2007 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Water Pump Replacement 2007 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, I was told that I have a leaky water pump on my 2007 DTS with 80K miles on it. ...
    bhalldi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Water Pump Replacement 2007 DTS

Hello,
    I was told that I have a leaky water pump on my 2007 DTS with 80K miles on it. I've noticed intermittent leaks in the past and also the sweet smell of coolant. As of know, my car isn't leaking and the resovoir tank has plenty of coolant in it. I was shopping around at local GM dealers and was quoted prices ranging from $1333 to $998. Can anyone tell me what the water pump replacement entails vice just changing the pump. Does this seem a little steep? I value your honest feedback.

r/s
    Bobby

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    That is to high of a price the problem with water pump is that you need to take of the housing where the pump is on the water pump it self is around $170 the oem one. It is a lot of work to do the job get the pump on the web at rockauto or ebay and look around where you live for a good shop that could do it for you. I had to do my twice and only had to pay around $500 each time thats with the parts I did it. Where do you live people in this forum could recomend you a shop I'm in new york city I could recomend the my guy. Also before I forget you also need 4 gasket for the housing it self.

bhalldi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Re: Water Pump Replacement 2007 DTS

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm located in Odenton, MD (about 22 miles from DC and 10 miles away from Baltimore). You also spoke of gaskets for the housing, is this the same as head gaskets? I have no clue when it comes to vehicles.

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    No they are not these are 4 small gasket that goes on the waterpump housing or crossmenber. These gasket are locate where the crossmenber meet the engine. Now if you are going to do it youself it is a lot of work. I think there are couple of places on the web that would show you how to do it like alldata. These gasket are 2 rectangular and 2 triangular. Get it acdelco at the dealer or at ebay the acdelco parts# is2512027 for the rectagular and for the triangular is 251 2023 remenber you need 2 of each do not go after market. And the water pump acdelco # 251 698 you could get on ebay for around $110 with shipping.

----------

No they are not these are 4 small gasket that goes on the waterpump housing or crossmenber. These gasket are locate where the crossmenber meet the engine. Now if you are going to do it youself it is a lot of work. I think there are couple of places on the web that would show you how to do it like alldata. These gasket are 2 rectangular and 2 triangular. Get it acdelco at the dealer or at ebay the acdelco parts# is2512027 for the rectagular and for the triangular is 251 2023 remenber you need 2 of each do not go after market. And the water pump acdelco # 251 698 you could get on ebay for around $110 with shipping. I did not notice that you do not no clues when it comes to cars. Any way you need to have an ideal when it about these cars, because they are going to get you the best way to learn buy alldata for 1 year for $15 it will help you to learn. Ps go back to the dealer I think you may a 100,000 mile warranty on the engine and it may cover the water pump.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

bhalldi,

Welcome to the forum, although we're sorry to hear this water pump replacement is needed on your DTS. It looks as though you're currently pursuing alternatives to working with a dealership, which we understand. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with! We hope that this is resolved for you soon.

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Service

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

An occasional drop of coolant under the pump, also known as weeping, is normal. On the other hand, if the pump leaks excessively then the inner seal is damaged and it necessitates the replacement of the water pump. Sweet smell of coolant is not necessarily an indication of pump failure or seal damage. It could be leaks from other sources such as hoses, radiator, gaskets, etc. You can purchase an OEM water pump from the GM (www.gmpartsdirect.com) store for under $110.00 (list price of $191.76). You can also get one from Amazon for ~$75.00 w/free shipping. You have to replace other associated parts, such as belt, thermostat, idler pulley, water pump gaskets, water pump seal, etc. If the water pump is bad then I would recommend getting the parts yourself and taking your Caddy to a local reputable Auto Shop for the water pump replacement for much cheaper than $998.00, quoted by one of the local GM dealers.

The gaskets for the housing are for the water pump replacement and they are NOT the same as the head gaskets.

Andrew224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '41 67, '66 75, '02 Deville-L, DTS, DTS-L, XTS, '08 Escalade

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.