No code: Trans dropping gear too soon and some what hard
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, No code: Trans dropping gear too soon and some what hard in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Team, I HAVE TAKEN MY 07 DTS PERFORMANCE WITH 68000 MILES TWICE TO DEALER FOR THE TRANSMISSION ISSUE I KEEP ...
    SNIPEREAGLE177 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CADILLAC DTS PERFORMANCE

No code: Trans dropping gear too soon and some what hard

Team,

I HAVE TAKEN MY 07 DTS PERFORMANCE WITH 68000 MILES TWICE TO DEALER FOR THE TRANSMISSION ISSUE I KEEP NOTICING. THEY SAY THERE IS NOTHING WRONG AND ONLY FOUND THE TOP LEFT FROM FRONT MOUNT BAD AND THE THE FRONT CENTER ENGINE MOUNT BAD. WILL PROBABLY FIX THAT THIS WEEKEND BUT I DON'T THINK THIS COULD BE CAUSING THE TRANSMISSION TO SHIFT TOO EARLY. IN A FLAT STRAIGHT ROAD TO CRUISE AT 60MPH IM AT 2000 RPM AND WHEN I TRY TO DO 80MPH SEEMS LIKE THE RPMS JUST RAISE TO 2500. NEVER DROPS DOWN WHEN I REACH 80 AND I TRY TO LEVEL OFF. ALSO SEEMS THAT WHEN IM AT A CRUISING SPEED THE TRANSMISSION IS JUMPING IN AND OUT OF GEAR, ITS VERY SUBTLE BUT YOU CAN FEEL IT AND THE TACH GOES UP AND DOWN ABOUT 100 RPM WHEN IT DOES.

I KNOW WITHOUT THE COMPUTER THROWING A CODE ITS HARD TO DIAGNOSE. WHAT CAN I DO TO DIAGNOSE THE SHIFTING SOLENOIDS AND THE SPEED SENSORS. READ ALL THE OTHER THREADS AND JUST GATHERING WHAT I READ AND TRYING TO APPLY THAT TO MY CAR.

*** NOTE THIS CAR WAS DRIVEN BY THE SECOND OWNER 4800 MILES A YEAR; COULD IT BE A STICKING SOLENOID?.***

ALL HELP APPRECIATED

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: No code: Trans dropping gear too soon and some what hard

What you are feeling when the engine varies 100 RPM is the TORQUE CONVERTER UNLOCKING and then LOCKING back up...
    Mine usually does not unlock above 70 unless I give it a fair amount of gas.

2500 at 80 mph is correct RPM...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: No code: Trans dropping gear too soon and some what hard

SNIPEREAGLE177, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations! If you would like Customer Service to step in at any point and work with your dealer on your behalf, please send us a private message anytime.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.