Hid ballast al bosch 1307329115
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Hid ballast al bosch 1307329115 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Team, I blew a ballast on my DTS and have a place to be tonight and will need to drive ...
    SNIPEREAGLE177 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CADILLAC DTS PERFORMANCE

Hid ballast al bosch 1307329115

Team,

I blew a ballast on my DTS and have a place to be tonight and will need to drive during night time. In Louisville KY there are no open dealers during the weekend and I have exhausted all options to purchase one today. My ballast blew due to open headlight enclosure that allowed rain water into the assembly that I presumed shorted the ballast. Has anyone ever been able to repair the ballast?

Thanks all help and feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    How do you know it's not the bulb/igniter?

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

Re: Hid ballast al bosch 1307329115

Quote Originally Posted by SNIPEREAGLE177 View Post
    Team,

I blew a ballast on my DTS and have a place to be tonight and will need to drive during night time. In Louisville KY there are no open dealers during the weekend and I have exhausted all options to purchase one today. My ballast blew due to open headlight enclosure that allowed rain water into the assembly that I presumed shorted the ballast. Has anyone ever been able to repair the ballast?

Thanks all help and feedback is greatly appreciated.
    I have replaced a couple of them in the past. They are NOT cheap, dealer will set you back abit over $3 bills ($300) not counting labor, which if I remember was 1.25 hours to drop the bumper cover, depending on your dealers rates about the price. My shop charged me $133.00 to put it in. tip, replace all of your bulbs why you have the cover off, save yourself from having to pull the cover later.

I switched the ballast from the left (good side) to the right (bad side) light lite up perfectly. This is the only thing visibly wrong with the board of the ballast
    resistor.JPG

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    Used the fog light with one of the light working it should be find until you could get a ballast. Do what I did go to ebay buy the ballast or the entire headlight alot cheaper. Remenber these cars used 2 different ballast with the part # you could find it veryeasy.

----------

I didn't notice the part # it is same as mine. They are price around $100 on ebay good lk.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    As an instrumentation technician, I can tell you that repairing an hid ballast will be extremely difficult. Especially if you aren't experienced or have the tools and parts AND schematics necessary to do it already. That circuit board has surface mounted components which make it very difficult to remove and replace them. For the trouble, you're better off trying to deal with it and buy a new one. The industry has moved to a system that would require you to change the entire part rather than repair it.

Thanks guys, used my fog lamps for the time being. One HID is more than enough to lite up the road ahead.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

Quote Originally Posted by SNIPEREAGLE177 View Post
    Thanks guys, used my fog lamps for the time being. One HID is more than enough to lite up the road ahead.
    crappy thing is ..Gm had this problem with 06 and 07's. I had to replace the drivers side ballast on both years. in fact everyone that I have seen in the past is either the drivers side or both, there should have been a recall if you ask me. Not to get off subject.. Sorry....had a flashback.

Thanks blueangel#07, i can say mine failed due to water entering from the top part. Apparently the headlight assembly was forcefully removed without removing the fender bolt. The housing cracked and left an opening big enough for water to enter and short the ballast. Fixed now thanks to ebay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.