What model year to buy - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, What model year to buy in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have 2008 performance DTS and am starting to have minor annoying electrical issues. Lane departure camera went, memory seat ...
    Tedk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS, 1984 Eldorado Conv.

Re: What model year to buy

I have 2008 performance DTS and am starting to have minor annoying electrical issues. Lane departure camera went, memory seat stopped working (power seat still works just not with the memory). Drivers express window wont express up now only down. Its been a great car till the last year. It has 45000 miles so these problems seem premature

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Is it under a warranty? I have an 08 LuxIII with 52k and I have had no electrical issues. I have a Major Guard warranty that is till good through April '14.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedk
    I have 2008 performance DTS and am starting to have minor annoying electrical issues. Lane departure camera went, memory seat stopped working (power seat still works just not with the memory). Drivers express window wont express up now only down. Its been a great car till the last year. It has 45000 miles so these problems seem premature
    Please don't hijack threads and/or double post. There's an answer in your thread.

Wow moistcabbage, Basco was looking for info for what year to buy. I gave him my history for a 2008. Then i started a thread with my issue. Relax

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Sorry, didn't realize. It didn't look like it was meant to be informational, mostly because of the last sentence. I wasn't the only one that thought it was an inquiry.

No problem moist cabbage. Hey Basco the one thing I like starting on the 2009 model is the shark fin antenna

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by ral1960 View Post
    The DTS kept the 4 speed, but the Performance model has a significantly lower (higher numerical) final drive ratio and an engine that makes more power at higher revs, so the feel is very different from regular DTSs.

My STS has the 6 speed, and I find it increasingly annoying. It's always shifting until it gets in too high a gear (the sport mode is slightly better) and you're trying to accelerate or even maintain speed at 1200 rpms. When it's cold, the early shifts are so slow, the car loses momentum and you lurch forward in the seat. The 2 older 5 spd STSs I drove were much smoother. I really should have the dealer check mine out--it's still under warranty.

I wasn't aware of what gear I was in with my DeVille and never cared. It was quite lazy--until you stepped on it.
    actually what I missed in the DTS loaner was low end umph...to me it felt like it needed a lower first

Granted...for the buyer of the typical car they probably dont drive like I do

For a while a few years ago I had a 2002 STS and a 2000 BMW 740...very different driving dynamics aside, the BMW always felt like it had a an appropriate gear. The STS always felt like it needed a lower first..more closely spaced ratios and a higher upper gear for highway cruising

I agree with you...manufacturers implement transmissions at different quality levels of feel

I have since driven another luxury branded car with a 7 speed and it feels much better than the 5 speed in my 05 STS...again a gear for every occasion it seems

my STS can feel "wonky" gear shift wise and hunts occasionally when cold or hit with a hill suddenly

on another note I have an AWD V8 that had the famous driveline "chuggle" and had a portion of the drivetrain replaced under warranty

Warren

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.