Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Found the right leds for vanity lights...

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BlueAngel#07 
#1 ·
After SUPERBRIGHTLEDS recommended festoon bulbs, (wrong!) as the site says that's the led that fits it.
It's a 74 bulb. It was worth the hassle however.
It's hard to believe how much difference the small things make.

#4 ·
Looks nice, though I greatly prefer the colour of the bulbs in the first photo.

My '87 is all LED. Doors, Ceiling, Marking Lamps, Reverse Lamps, Signals, Spotlamps, Brake Lamps, Gauge Cluster...

The headlamps are HID though, but I could switch them to LED by the end of the day, if I wanted. Never tried LED headlamps. Maybe I should?

Anyhow, you kids need to get your "modern" cars with the times. :sneaky:

#6 ·
How did you gain access to change out the bulbs in the vanity mirror? I'm a big fan of upgrading incandescent bulbs out to LEDs. I upgraded the entire interior of my 95 Deville and what a huge difference it made. The interior lighting became useful. I upgraded the doors, parking lights, license plate lamps, trunk light, turn signals, and cornering lights to LEDs on my DTS. I even upgraded my fogs to HIDs. I would definitely like to upgrade the vanity mirrors to LEDs so they match the rest of the interior lighting in the DTS. If someone even figures out how to change out the light for the front ashtray, I'm up for that as well.

#9 ·
EChas3 said:
Do the dimmers work well?
This model does not have dimmers( disappointed ) I really wish it did,

----------

ogbuehi said:
How did you gain access to change out the bulbs in the vanity mirror? I'm a big fan of upgrading incandescent bulbs out to LEDs. I upgraded the entire interior of my 95 Deville and what a huge difference it made. The interior lighting became useful. I upgraded the doors, parking lights, license plate lamps, trunk light, turn signals, and cornering lights to LEDs on my DTS. I even upgraded my fogs to HIDs. I would definitely like to upgrade the vanity mirrors to LEDs so they match the rest of the interior lighting in the DTS. If someone even figures out how to change out the light for the front ashtray, I'm up for that as well.
I'm not sure about yours, but mine was simple. I used a mini screwdriver set and gently pry inwards towards the lens where the tabs are. I have a 07 DTS and the tabs are on the top and the bottom of the lens. Getting the bulbs out was a bit tricky
, used a pair of needle nose vice grips...(very gently) they did not want to come out at all. Be sure not to break the bulb they are a pain to get out if you have the 74 bulb.

----------

ogbuehi said:
There's an incandescent bulb in mine that turns on when I slide it out. I don't see it very often unless I have to have 2 USB devices plugged in.
What bulb did you use for ashtray?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.