'06 Performance package brakes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, '06 Performance package brakes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can someone chime in and let me know if the front rotors and pads for an '06 DTS w/ Performance ...
    Andrew224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '41 67, '66 75, '02 Deville-L, DTS, DTS-L, XTS, '08 Escalade

'06 Performance package brakes

Can someone chime in and let me know if the front rotors and pads for an '06 DTS w/ Performance package are different dimensions from the non-performance models. I was looking at AC Delco / Durastop ceramic pads and rotors on RockAuto and they don't differentiate other than heavy duty commercial (8 lug) brakes and 5 lug brakes. I don't want to order the wrong parts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew Armitage

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: '06 Performance package brakes

Enter the VIN for the car into www.compnine.com. That will give you the RPO list and in that will be the brake type. If it's not a commercial limousine package it has the standard brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Enter the VIN for the car into www.compnine.com. That will give you the RPO list and in that will be the brake type. If it's not a commercial limousine package it has the standard brakes.
    I got it, code JL9 brakes. I would have thought the performance package would have larger brakes than the non-performance package (of course not the J55 limo brakes which are a whole different animal).

Pretty cool site. Thanks for the info.

Andrew Armitage

r1concepts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on brakes and I'd be glad to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on brakes and I'd be glad to help you out.
    Thanks for the offer. This time around I'm having the rotors cut. Next time around, I'll look you up. I purchased a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors for my Infiniti M45 5 or 6 years ago from your company on eBay and was very happy with how they performed and how they made my car look.

Andrew Armitage

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.