What to expect 2006 dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, What to expect 2006 dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello guys im thinkin of upgrading from my 2000 deville to the 06 dts. My 2000 gave me plenty of ...
    ISHDAROCK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

What to expect 2006 dts

Hello guys im thinkin of upgrading from my 2000 deville to the 06 dts. My 2000 gave me plenty of headaches from overheating problems, new headgasket, catalytic coverter, to eventually crackin the block on the northstar ... I really love caddys but what should i expect from the 06 northstar engine? Does it still have the infamous overheating problems or any other mechanical issues to expect such as the 2000-03 models? I have an opportunity to purchase a 06' with 94k for only $8,500 with vogue tires on it???? Please let me know your opinions and advise for i really do love the ride and style of big caddys but do not want to deal with another headache for the next few years. Tahnks in advance for your input guys,means alot.....ishdarock

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Re: What to expect 2006 dts

You will love the 2006-2011 DTS. The 2006 had a headlight ballast issue, ask if it has new ones. Headgasket issue if properley maintained ( change dexcool every 2-3 years ) is no longer a concern due to new casting in 2000 new bolt threads in 2005. Crossover gaskets and strut bearings seem to be a cadillac tax on the DTS. Please buy another Caddy there is nothing that can come close to a DTS for $8500. Enjoy this one.

383 LT1 SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Impala SS 383 LT12007 DTS Performance 2011 Escalade ESV

Is it a performance edition? If it is it has the MRC suspension. The MRC suspension is very expensive to repair. The non MRC models are a lot less costly to repair when the struts wear out. I have an 07' performance edition and one of my front struts went bad @ 72k and I eneded up replacing both front struts, the mounts & the strut bearings. Between the headlights & the MRC suspension repair bills can run up real fast.

383 LT1 SS

GREEN DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS LUXURY 3 2006 LIGHT GREEN

I have a 2006 DTS Lux III with 62k never had a problem. I was so disappointed in the XTS that I am going to keep DTS until a few years after the Omega comes out. Adding chrome rockers and wheel wells and air chip.
    My drivers seat is the most comfortable place to rest my 6' 3" ruined body. If the XTS comes out with a V8 (turbo hopefully) I might be tempted.

tightwad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 1977 Seville

My 2001 DeVille was a pretty good car. No big repairs, just window regulators and crank sensors. The 2007 DTS I bought two years ago is in a whole different league. It's hard to believe they're both built on the same basic chassis. Much tighter and more solid. Better built interior. Get the 2006 and never look back.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Ishdarock, it's wonderful that you're thinking about a DTS! If you would like me to provide you with the build sheet for the vehicle you have your eye on, let me know. I'm happy to investigate any questions you have while you car shop, and I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Hi Ishdarock, I hope that you bought your dream 06 Caddy. It's a very comfortable vehicle. We enjoy riding in this beautiful machine. I am hoping the previous owner took good care of this vehicle if its the one with 94k.

All the mechanical problems, to my knowledge, had been taken care off with the exception of one electrical issue;i.e, headlight ballast problem. Anyway, good luck on the new (used) addition.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.