Won't start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gomaz
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Won't start in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So today I tried to start the car and it will turn over and try to start but it just ...
    Gomaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS II

Won't start

So today I tried to start the car and it will turn over and try to start but it just won't catch. There is plenty of gas in the car. I even tried the remote starter but it just turns over and over and thats it. a few times the motor will catch but it will not stay running long enough for me to give it gas. Sounds like the fuel pump to me. What do u guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    Look at the fuel pump relay and fuse 08 and newer have a big problem with the fuse box under the rear seat. If the relay is burn go to if you have it in your town to autozone buy the relay it is the same for the deville and the dts. I have couple of friend that happen to them. The car is going to star but it will keep burning the relay until you change the fuse box. Hope the car still under warranty good lk.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Re: Won't start

Since a bad crank sensor will cut the fuel when the car is running, will it also prevent fuel flow when starting the engine? That sensor seems to be a relatively common problem....

I have no warranty left, just powertrain, not sure that this will fall under powertrain

So..I took car to dealer and was told that the water pump is covered under the powertrain warranty but it is not the fuel pump, its teh relay. lucky it is just $152 CND to fix

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Gomaz View Post
    So..I took car to dealer and was told that the water pump is covered under the powertrain warranty but it is not the fuel pump, its teh relay. lucky it is just $152 CND to fix
    For $152... all they did was replace the relay...
    Your problem WILL return...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Gomaz, thank you for posting your dealer's resolution! If you ever would like to involve the Customer Service team nearest you, I wanted to make sure you had GM of Canada's contact information. http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview gives you not only their hotline details but also their means of online communication!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    If they charge you 150 for that cost $30 they are bad the problem will come back. The problem is the fuse box under the back seat.

shit well that sucks. so should i get the fuse box looked at?

I forgot to get the fuse box looked at and guess what.... car won't start again. Its at the shop now, how much to get fuse box fixed?

Just left from the shop and they re-wired the relay and got be a new relay. This way I don't need to replace the fuse box at $549 CND. Issue resloved (I hope) for $140 taxes in.
    Tom's Caddy likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.