2008 DTS frontend shimmy when accelerating and a Bounce and steer issue....Related?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2008 DTS frontend shimmy when accelerating and a Bounce and steer issue....Related? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can someone please give me some information for my issue with my 2008 Cadillac DTS. 35,000 miles in like new ...
    swelson@me.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Unhappy 2008 DTS frontend shimmy when accelerating and a Bounce and steer issue....Related?

Can someone please give me some information for my issue with my 2008 Cadillac DTS.

35,000 miles in like new condition.

I contacted the dealers they say there are no recalls or Service bulletins.
    I found this... on a safety site.

CADILLAC DTS 2008 Safety Report #PIC-4868
    CADILLAC DTS 2008 technical service bulletin was issued May 01, 2008.CADILLAC DTS 2008 had a failed SUSPENSION:AUTOMATIC STABILITY CONTROL (ASC) . ABS, TRACTION CONTROL, OR STABILITY TELL TALES ON (DTC C0035-C0052). THE ABS, TRACTION CONTROL, OR SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM (IF EQUIPPED) WARNING TELLTALES ILLUMINATE. *PE .

Whether or not that affects me I do not know.

When driving on the freeway or even in town and 35 miles an hour up to speeds of 70 miles an hour, when I hit a dip in the road the car does what I call a bounce and steer.

It does this orbital bounce in the front when hitting a depression on the road or freeway.

I have visually inspected the underneath the car and is still like new.

all of the parts and pieces still have manufactures labels and tags on them.

This also may be related, when accelerating while turning to the right slightly, I can feel a vibration or shimmy in the front end of the car.

I certainly could use some advice on this or some direction from someone would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2008 DTS frontend shimmy when accelerating and a Bounce and steer issue....Relate

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns, swelson! If you would like your dealer to double check their records to see if that bulletin pertains to your specific DTS, I do recommend contacting your dealer for further assistance. (And if you would like Customer Service to step in and call your dealer for you at any point, please let me know. I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.)

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Re: 2008 DTS frontend shimmy when accelerating and a Bounce and steer issue....Relate

I have never heard of an orbital bounce on our cars, but maybe it could be the strut mount causing that? The vibration is common with our DTS's being very finicky about tires and they always need to be Road Forced Balanced that might help you're vibration right away. I would also do the 12-6 oclock test ( for hubs ) and the 9-3 oclock test for ( tie rods ) before taking it to a dealer for the orbital bounce, these tests in you're driveway cost nothing. By the way both tests should have no play in the wheels. Hope this is of some help.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Motor and/or cradle mounts (the entire steering/engine/suspension is a unit), loose steering rack mounting bolts, or worn tie rod ends. Maybe - just maybe - a bad strut leading to uneven bounce recovery. A mechanically worn (faulty) strut won't set a trouble code - that's part of the electrical function.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Different vehicle, but I was riding in a Chevy Blazer that experienced an "orbital" rebound going over bumps. It's problem was bad shocks coupled with poor alignment.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.