So crazy about DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, So crazy about DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi! Cadillac has added some new cars to the lineup and has dropped the DTS. I still love the masculine ...
    Vitaqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts

So crazy about DTS

Hi! Cadillac has added some new cars to the lineup and has dropped the DTS. I still love the masculine angles of this car. Love the toys. This car is a modern day classic to me! How do the rest of you feel? Keep Rollin!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Re: So crazy about DTS

I had my 06 base a little over 2 years now got it thru e-bay went to Stamford Connecticut to pick it up well worth it.

Just a great set of wheels only accessory I added was my doberman riding shot gun in the back seat.

The only way I can afford to keep it is if I repair it myself and at 75 it gets harder but so far so good.

I agree it was born a classic and I think it will stay that way. First time I saw one drop dead awesome.

When I see all the powerful people in the world getting in and out of (My DTS) I get warm and fuzzy. Mike

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I love my DTS also. My family really enjoys the comfortable & luxurious rides especially on long distance scenic trips.

Mike, you mentioned that, inter alia, "the only way I can afford to keep it is if I repair it myself and at 75 it gets harder but so far so good". So, what repair work has been performed on your Caddy (yourself and the repair shop) so-far? How many miles are currently showing on the odometer?

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I have almost 126,000 on my 2006 that I bought new.
    Still love it.

BlackRavenDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS (Black Raven)

Picked up my DTS SEP 2010 and loved it ever since.

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Jaz without going out to look I have 97thousand plus! I purchased the car sept 2010 with around 83000 miles.

The work I have done is rotating and balancing tires, chasing a vibration (I could not eliminate it) got new tires at wallmart (they replaced 1 tire pressure monitor.) I also replaced the accessory belt and the tensioner my self (chirping) and I have a new torque strut (old one cracked rubber) that I have yet to replace, seeing that I had it on and off to get at the belt and tensioner installing the new one will not be hard. I replaced both wiper blades and did a couple oil and filter changes.

My son replaced the battery.

when I first got the car the dealer did a 27 point inspection oil/filter change and rotated the tires

Warranty work done 39000 tire pressure monitor replaced
    48000 High mount stop lamp replaced
    65000 catalytic converter replaced Mike

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Vitaqueen, thanks for creating this thread! I'm noting all the feedback so far, and I'll be sure to document the thread where the proper GM teams can view your comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your DTS vehicles!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Picture of mine from back in July at Glacier Natl park in Montana...
    It needed washing REAL BAD... but I still think it looks pretty good...

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    I have almost 126,000 on my 2006 that I bought new.
    Still love it.
    Boy-O-Boy, SuperJim, you have put on lots of miles since you purchased it brand new. According to my calculations you must be putting on ~18,000 miles every year. Do all your travel trips entail family visits, reunions, vacationing, etc?

By the way, I like your DTS Performance. It looks awesome with those 18” chrome wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by jazoo View Post
    Boy-O-Boy, SuperJim, you have put on lots of miles since you purchased it brand new. According to my calculations you must be putting on ~18,000 miles every year. Do all your travel trips entail family visits, reunions, vacationing, etc?

By the way, I like your DTS Performance. It looks awesome with those 18” chrome wheels.
    Thanks... We really like it. It is a super highway car.
    The first 2 years, we put well over 50,000 on it... then we slowed down a little... LOL

Most of the miles come from long vacations.
    Like the one where we went from N. Texas to Key West FL to eat key Lime Pie, where it was invented at... then up the East coast stopping to see various people that I talk to on the different forums I am on.
    Ended up at Niagara Falls and rode The Maid of The Mist...then over to Ohio to see an old friend.. then down to the hills of Eastern Kentucky to see another old friend... then finally back to Texas.
    That one was well over 8,000 miles.

The last couple of years, it mostly sits in the garage.
    Darling Wife had several mini strokes a couple of years ago, and it is real difficult for her to get around.
    That has really limited our taking long trips anymore.

But before her health problems, we made a lot of good memories in it.

Texas Jim
    ronm01 and ronm01 like this.

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

The DTS is (was) the true Caddy. The XTS nice try but it is not a DTS Northstar. They now have the NORTHSTAR right and get rid of it? please Cadillac bring it back.

rebel7254 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Luxury III

But Tom....the XTS has BUTT VIBRATORS. Clearly Cadillac is moving in the right direction.

BlackRavenDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS (Black Raven)

I guess they are going back to that mentality of the CTS commercial, "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?"

ronm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bronze Beauty 2010 DTS Platinum

"Cadillac" has meant luxury to us since long before the first imports became established competitors. My wife and I just purchased our first dream car in April... this 2010 DTS Platinum Cadillac that we call our "Bronze Beauty".

Having lived most of our lives at an income level that supported few luxuries, it is with proper pride that we can now own this wonderful automobile. It may be a used model in actuality, but it is as new to us as a model off the showroom floor. The Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair exterior highlighted by the 7-spoke chrome wheels with the Cadillac badges on bumper and rear deck are joyful reminders that we now own an automobile that appeals to our aesthetic sense of beauty. The linen Alcantara headliner, shale door panels and cocoa seats and floor mats are beautifully highlighted by burled maple wood trim. Driving or sitting in this vehicle gives us a feeling of royalty enjoying the view outside from a magnificent chariot. Yes, we are now riding comfortably in our stately and luxurious Cadillac! YIPPEE!!

-
    -
    -

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Nice colors.
    ronm01 and ronm01 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.