So crazy about DTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, So crazy about DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Done! I now see that I have a total of only two... maximum... messages permitted, including Inbox & Outbox. I ...
    ronm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bronze Beauty 2010 DTS Platinum

Re: So crazy about DTS

Done! I now see that I have a total of only two... maximum... messages permitted, including Inbox & Outbox. I received a welcome message from the forum and I deleted it, yesterday. Today, I deleted the message to you. Two is an extremely low maximum! I suppose that premium level membership will increase the storage space commensurate with the premium paid. Not ready to play the pay game at this time. I'll consider it, seriously, but I wish to become more informed about quirks in the system (such as a measly two messages allowed) before investing $$$ only to be disappointed because of other eccentricities built-in to the forums. So far, This one item is not enough to discourage me from donating, but I know my history of waning enthusiasm for forum chat regardless of initial impact.

All messages are now deleted. I look forward to your response. - R.

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    RonM01 You need to empty your mailbox. It is full and the system won't let me send you a reply until you delete your old mail and make room.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

Ron, this is not $$$ related. You have to have a certain number of posts before your messaging kicks in. It's to prevent idiots from signing up and then blasting members with political etc. rants.
    ronm01 and ronm01 like this.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

I was hoping the system would save it as a draft. I'll have to try and remember what I wrote to you! LOL

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS Performance Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by hazcaddy View Post
    Ron, this is not $$$ related. You have to have a certain number of posts before your messaging kicks in. It's to prevent idiots from signing up and then blasting members with political etc. rants.
    I think it is 20 posts...

ronm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bronze Beauty 2010 DTS Platinum

Thanks guys about the number of posts before having more PM capabilities. It's time to start posting more... even if it's only the word "Like" on another post instead of using the Like feature. Guess it makes sense to require a certain number of posts to help control spammers joining to rant and blast away at members.

----------

Chalk up another post for me, HartfordGuy! I can re-send the PM to you as reminder, if you wish. I kept a copy of the text before deleting it from my "Sent" folder. If you recall, I wrote about preferences between the STS & DTS models. I'd better not clog my Inbox or Sent box with anything until my PM quota goes up. I'll probably find out quickly that I can only post two times per day. Just kidding... unless I get an error message when trying the third post. Then I'll be properly PO'd!

----------

Thanks, SuperJim and hazcaddy! I'll read more of the do's and don'ts before jumping to conclusions. I'm still enjoying the site! Third post in the past few minutes. Let's see if it works!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.