So crazy about DTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, So crazy about DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by ronm01 "Cadillac" has meant luxury to us since long before the first imports became established competitors. My ...
    Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: So crazy about DTS

Quote Originally Posted by ronm01 View Post
    "Cadillac" has meant luxury to us since long before the first imports became established competitors. My wife and I just purchased our first dream car in April... this 2010 DTS Platinum Cadillac that we call our "Bronze Beauty".

Having lived most of our lives at an income level that supported few luxuries, it is with proper pride that we can now own this wonderful automobile. It may be a used model in actuality, but it is as new to us as a model off the showroom floor. The Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair exterior highlighted by the 7-spoke chrome wheels with the Cadillac badges on bumper and rear deck are joyful reminders that we now own an automobile that appeals to our aesthetic sense of beauty. The linen Alcantara headliner, shale door panels and cocoa seats and floor mats are beautifully highlighted by burled maple wood trim. Driving or sitting in this vehicle gives us a feeling of royalty enjoying the view outside from a magnificent chariot. Yes, we are now riding comfortably in our stately and luxurious Cadillac! YIPPEE!!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...81114725_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...43837866_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...02175310_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...08104807_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...69990353_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...34497562_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...67448192_n.jpg
    That is a very nice automobile...
    I like those colors...
    ronm01 and ronm01 like this.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Love my DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by ronm01 View Post
    "Cadillac" has meant luxury to us since long before the first imports became established competitors. My wife and I just purchased our first dream car in April... this 2010 DTS Platinum Cadillac that we call our "Bronze Beauty".

Having lived most of our lives at an income level that supported few luxuries, it is with proper pride that we can now own this wonderful automobile. It may be a used model in actuality, but it is as new to us as a model off the showroom floor. The Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair exterior highlighted by the 7-spoke chrome wheels with the Cadillac badges on bumper and rear deck are joyful reminders that we now own an automobile that appeals to our aesthetic sense of beauty. The linen Alcantara headliner, shale door panels and cocoa seats and floor mats are beautifully highlighted by burled maple wood trim. Driving or sitting in this vehicle gives us a feeling of royalty enjoying the view outside from a magnificent chariot. Yes, we are now riding comfortably in our stately and luxurious Cadillac! YIPPEE!!
    Ron, That is beautiful !!

Congrats!

Vitaqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts

Yes! I just love DTS! I wanted a black one but when I saw the green silk one at the dealership I fell completely in love. Green is my favorite color so I guess it is meant to be. I can't choose between my Fleetwood Brougham and DTS for favorite. Anyone else feel that way?

ronm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bronze Beauty 2010 DTS Platinum

Thank you all for your kind comments. HartfordGuy, how were you able to post this photo instead of only the link? I wished to post photos initially instead of links but got a message that the files were too large, so opted to leave well enough alone.

This is a super forum! I mostly read and learn rather than post. There is a vast amount of knowledge here from many well-informed members. I'm glad that I joined. Keep up the good work and congratulations to each of you.

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    Ron, That is beautiful !!

Congrats!

In the post or reply box there are symbols above it. The forth symbol from the end is a square picture frame. Click that. A box will open, click on "from URL" and insert your photos web address in it. uncheck the box that says retrieve remote file and reference locally. Click OK.

Asguard726 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Platinum
    before. I really, really like it! Congratulations you will not
    be disappointed.
    Cheers,
    Dan

ronm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bronze Beauty 2010 DTS Platinum

HartfordGuy, thank you! I'm going to give your instructions a try using a different photo than from my original post. Assuming success, I ask you and the other members of this thread to pardon me for so many posts of my Caddy in the process of learning.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

Holy cow, Hartfordguy, I just about never see a DTS on a dealer's lot and even when I do it's sold the next day. What happened here - did a funeral parlor dump all its cars because they're switching to the new Chrysler hearses?

Quote Originally Posted by hazcaddy View Post
    Holy cow, Hartfordguy, I just about never see a DTS on a dealer's lot and even when I do it's sold the next day. What happened here - did a funeral parlor dump all its cars because they're switching to the new Chrysler hearses?
    hazcaddy, Those are new DTSs! I took that photo in 2010 or 2011.

Several years ago a friend asked me to stop at several car dealers and he took photos of the lines of new cars. I asked why. He said that years later it will be fun to see rows of our favorite cars when new. And you know, he was right. So whenever I remember, I try to snap a few photos at my local Cadillac dealer each year. It is nice to see a line up of new ones in different colours.
    Superjim, Superjim, ronm01 and 1 others like this.

Vitaqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts

I just want to thank everyone for all the wonderful photos! I really love the dealership photo. They all really made my morning! These cars are so amazing to look at no matter the color. Yesterday I saw a really beautiful crimson/ruby colored one parked in someone's driveway.

A buddy liked my Black DTS so much he went out and bought the red one parked next to mine at the Dealership. He are our two cars next to eachother .

Of course we forgot to welcome you with the appropriate DTS commercials. These were almost never seen on TV.

RonM01 You need to empty your mailbox. It is full and the system won't let me send you a reply until you delete your old mail and make room.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi All,

I can see your love for the Cadillac DTS! Congrats to new members on the forum and I am enjoying reading the comments and insight people are sharing. I hope everyone is enjoying their vehicles! You know how to reach me if you ever have additional questions or concerns. I can also be reached via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.