G force chip for 2007 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, G force chip for 2007 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anyone have a g force chip or any other type of performance chip in there North Star? I got one ...
    BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

G force chip for 2007 DTS

Anyone have a g force chip or any other type of performance chip in there North Star? I got one and don't know if I should install it. Anybody?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Re: G force

What model and year car do you have?
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

These chips "work" by fooling the MAF into thinking the air inflow into the engine is lower than it is. As a result, the engine dumps more fuel into the combustion chambers. The only thing these chips do is lighten your wallet via buying the chip and worsening your gas mileage.

SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24
    These chips "work" by fooling the MAF into thinking the air inflow into the engine is lower than it is. As a result, the engine dumps more fuel into the combustion chambers. The only thing these chips do is lighten your wallet via buying the chip and worsening your gas mileage.
    I asked this same question months ago... Haven't heard or seen any different answer... EVER

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

The ones that trick the Maf or IAT sensor increase the timing by tricking the car to think more air is entering the engine than there actually is making the the cars computer dump more fuel than needed while cruising around..
    Most cars the factory tune is already set rich to burn off pollutants hence the usual power & fuel mileage gains with a cold air kit or real tune that leans it out a little bit..
    I was taught to never use any of the chips and canned tunes other than an actual dyno tune with proper air/fuel ratio's being read and adjusted accordingly..

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

I think he has a late (2007 ???) DTS. I don't believe there's any such thing as a "chip" for these.

BlueAngel#07, Please update your profile and login with your car, year, model, maybe mileage and approximate location. it sure makes diagnosis and advice easier.

The $65 "chip" (which is really a 25 cent resistor in a cutesy box with connectors) offsets IAT to "fool" the PCM into dumping more fuel - richer mixture - into the air/fuel mix. As posted here and throughout CF, they don't work........... and the FWD setups are quite different from the RWD cars.

For the FWD cars with a divorced MAF (clamped into the intake air duct) the connector is a 5-pin arrangement - 3 pins monitor the heated airflow monitor resistors and 2 pins monitor the IAT thermistor (the little black bead in the edge of the MAF bore)(Thermistor: a resistor which changes value as a function of temperature).

CTSCHICK, Not sure about your 3.6 RWD car, but the "timing" in the FWD Northstar PCM controlled cars is pretty touchy - because of the new Northstar combustion chamber design there's not much advance available - they run about 34 degrees BTDC maximum and that drops back to 14 to 20 degrees BTDC under max power demands. No matter what octane fuels you use, these PCM's will not add extra advance to take advantage of the slower burn times offered by high octane fuels.

I thought as much. G force says its actually designed for my car. ( which is a 2007 dts with 67000 on it. You brought up a good point about the dyno. Wondering where I can get it done now.

Re: G force chip for 2007 DTS

Please update your profile. Please.

The "dyno tune" referred to involves running the car - on a dyno - while altering fuel and timing curves to achieve best power at various car/engine/transmission speeds. I don't believe that our FWD fixed PCM program cars have that sort of variable tuning luxury.

I sure would like to be proven wrong, especially for a 2002.5 STS !

(G Force used to market a "chip" for my car. It didn't work and it disappeared ..................)
    EDIT: Some of us have fooled around with inserting oddball resistors into the IAT circuit. That didn't work, either.

Here's another money pit that doesn't work -

I think I got it updated....on a iPhone. The tiny print....my eyes are goin bad....I'm so old...

----------

Will try to get some pictures the next I go home..out of town more than I'm in.

BINGO !!!!

Someone in the new DTS crowd steer this new member onto the right track - AOK ???

............. Go back and look at Post #8 again - how to throw away money.

I can't complain about the power curve the way it is. But I think I'm going to check .

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409
    Please update your profile. Please.

The "dyno tune" referred to involves running the car - on a dyno - while altering fuel and timing curves to achieve best power at various car/engine/transmission speeds. I don't believe that our FWD fixed PCM program cars have that sort of variable tuning luxury.

I sure would like to be proven wrong, especially for a 2002.5 STS !

(G Force used to market a "chip" for my car. It didn't work and it disappeared ..................)
    EDIT: Some of us have fooled around with inserting oddball resistors into the IAT circuit. That didn't work, either.

Here's another money pit that doesn't work -
    Is that the $300 dollar job...was wondering bout that. Thx for the heads up.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAngel#07 View Post
    Anyone have a g force chip or any other type of performance chip in there North Star? I got one and don't know if I should install it. Anybody?
    Do not install it...
    It is junk and as others have already said... it does not work...

Call around to SPEED SHOPS in your area and find someone that uses either EFI LIVE or HP TUNERS software.
    Either one of those can be used to tune a 2006 or newer Northstar .

I have had mine tuned... I absolutely love it.

Texas Jim

Just what I wanted to hear... Will be looking around for that... Thx

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAngel#07 View Post
    Just what I wanted to hear... Will be looking around for that... Thx
    No problem... glad to help.

Jim

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Hyper tech is the only plug and play tune that I would use and they don't offer one for the DTS so I'd have to suggest that the previous comment of getting a local speed shop or tuner to custom tune for you.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.