2009 DTS Platinum edition - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2009 DTS Platinum edition in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey everybody! I have also been considering a Platinum edition. I think that I've narrowed it down to the 2009 ...
    TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Re: 2009 DTS Platinum edition

Hey everybody! I have also been considering a Platinum edition. I think that I've narrowed it down to the 2009 model year, but wanted to make sure that I am looking in the right direction.

What I believe I've learned from the research is... (please feel free to correct any misinformation I have here)...

1) The Platinum edition was offered from 2007 until 2011? (I've been seeing adverts for 2010 and 2011 Platinum editions)
    2) The materials used in the Platinum edition are not offered in the Luxury III models.
    3) The Platinum edition includes: SatNav; Lane Departure Warning; Blind Zone Alert; Rainsense automatic wipers; Front/Rear Park Sensors.
    4) The 2008 models don't have bluetooth connectivity, but the 2009+ models do.
    5) The 2007-2009 models have the Rainsense wipers, but the 2010+ models don't.

I have been on the hunt for a Luxury III edition, but I saw/sat in a Platinum edition and loved it. So I think this is my new wishlist:

1) I like the materials in the Platinum edition, so I believe I'm changing my search for that edition only...although a similarly-equipped Luxury III isn't 100% out of the question just yet.
    2) I want to connect via bluetooth, so I believe that I would have to narrow my search to 2009+ models.
    3) I want the Rainsense wipers, so the 2010 and 2011 models are out (I had that feature on my '01 Park Ave and loved it...especially here in the rainy Pacific NorthWET).
    4) I want the Luxury version over the Performance version (I just got back today from work meetings at the coast and driving through the Coast Range mountains would have been fun in the Performance version, but the ride in my '87 Brougham just reminded me how much I like the soft boulevard-ride).

So, I believe that 2009 models are the only ones that have what I want.

It's a tall order, I know. My local Cadillac dealer has taken down my prior (Luxury III) wishlist and they've called me about an Espresso-color DTS they took in, but it wasn't equipped the way I want it. I'm thinking about contacting them to update my wishlist. We bought our SRX at another Cadillac dealership in the next state and they don't seem too keen on finding me the DTS I want.

So, am I correct on my assumptions about the Platinum edition? I want to make sure that I am looking for the right car for me.

Cheers!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I know you mentioned that you want a 2009, TopherS, but I did find a premium 2010 Certified Pre-Owned DTS at VIC ALFONSO CADILLAC, INC. (633 NE 12TH AVENUE/PORTLAND, OR 97232-2720, (503) 233-6451). It has rain sensing windshield wipers, a "Gray Flannel" exterior color with Cocoa/shale interior, and so forth.

The VIN for this vehicle if you decide to call to check it out is 1G6KH5EY4AU137310, and you can view more information about it here: http://www.cadillac.com/cadillac/too...=mi&caller=vsr

I understand if this isn't want you're after, but maybe it can at least be a point of comparison.

Kindest regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

Rantz_alot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi, you have narrowed down your choices quite well; and you are correct from my view that the 2009 is the model year you need to get, for the options you listed. It is a rare configuration. It is also my car and I am in Portland... I took mine to the coast yesterday for some winter storm watching and hiking and it handled the Sunset hwy and Coast Range wonderfully. Mine is Crystal Red and has the ACC and Tehama options; it is the Premium Lux model and also has the Platinum Edition option; it is the non-performance model. It has every option Cadillac offered for that year for the non-perf model. The Platinum Edition also provides a unique wheel set for the model.

I just took the Vogue tires off and had the Vic Alfonso team put on a set of Goodyear ComforTreads and the diferrence in ride quality is amazing, just as I thought it would be.

I have enjoyed this car a lot and I got it new from Vic Alfonso; they have been a great dealership and have stood behind their product, service and reputation very well.

You should keep searching till you find the model you want; even if you have to jump a flight to pick it up. The RainSense system and the auto dim headlights are great features for this part of the country.

Make sure to wave if we cross paths through town, and happy hunting

Randy
    Attached Images

cadillac_guy21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Dts

very nice red machine,

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Yes, that is a nice machine, Randy.

I'm glad to know that Vic Alfonso is reputable. We got our SRX at Carr Cadillac and they were OK to work with. We had to threaten to leave in our old car before we got the deal we were after, but eventually (after we put the kids in and started the car), they agreed. Other than that bit, no problems. However, when I asked them about locating a DTS for me, they did not seem interested at all. Vic Alfonso has kept me in mind as they've gotten new DTS's in. To make things even more complicated, I had narrowed the acceptable colors down to Double Espresso, Black or Dark Blue...although, I'm now considering other colors, as well.

I had the Goodyear ComforTreds on a 2001 Park Ave that I had for a number of years. I loved how comfortable and quiet they were. Keep in mind that my first set only lasted 33,000 miles. Because I always had them rotated/balanced as directed, Goodyear gave me a new set for free (I only had to pay mounting/balancing on the new set). The second set seemed to last longer than the first. Those are the tires I'd want for mine. Be sure to keep yours maintained...and keep ALL records to prove it...just in case.

I mostly haunt the West Side, so if you're out that way and see a big, white mafia-mobile following you, it's just me...drooling over your DTS.

I appreciate the info...helps me to decide what I'm after.

And to Red Hook Tony, I do hope you'll forgive me for hijacking your thread...but it turned out to be the perfect topic for my searches.

Cheers

mikectm2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS

What a great Thread! I'm on the hunt for one as well. I'm in Upland, CA ( close to Brea, CA ) so hopefully i can find one too.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

I found a 2008 Performance Platinum with 44k miles on this site:
    https://usedcars.truecar.com/
    after a week or so of fruitless searching on Autotrader and Cars.com. Some dealers mismark or advertise their cars so poorly, it's easy to overlook the one you want. I wanted one with the Light Linen interior, which will be a nice change from nearly 30 years of gray interiors. I would have avoided another black exterior (my third), but I'll live with it.

It's at a CarMax in Florida, but for $349, they're going to ship it to the one 25 miles from me.

Nos118 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): JOELMIGUELES@HOTMAIL.COM

Now owner of a 08 platinum and Love it. Only thing would have made it better if it was black. Gunmetal grey with black inside. Funny story is I went the the dealership to buy it and was told it was sold to a wholesaler. A week later the wholesaler posted the car on eBay with a mark up of 5k. I laughed and called the guy. Told my story and end buy the car only for 500 buck over tmv. At the end of day the one that got away got caught.... Icing on top of cake the car still has cpo for one and half years !!

Rantz_alot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi Guys (& Gals) - Just an fyi, I no longer own my Cadillac; see the pic and description earlier in this thread. It is now for sale at Vic Alfonso Cadillac in Portland with 43k miles. Not sure what the price is. You can send me an email if you want to discuss in private. It was a very enjoyable car, I just reached my absolute frustration point on the brakes when they got hot in the hills in my local area and on the mountain highway travels; I am really picky about my brakes, and I could never really get them to perform to my liking. I am sure if someone did a custom upgrade on the brake system all would be fine; or perhaps if you didn't drive in hills.

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.