2007 DTS Drivers Seat won't got up/down
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2007 DTS Drivers Seat won't got up/down in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The drivers seat in my lovlee beige 07 DTS will move forward and backward but will not go up and ...
    jdalton50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

2007 DTS Drivers Seat won't got up/down

The drivers seat in my lovlee beige 07 DTS will move forward and backward but will not go up and down. Is seems to be stuck in the highest position (not much headroom). Is there a separate motor for each (up/down vs forw/backw)? When I move the control to go up/down I hear a whine or purring sort of like a motor sound and perhaps a gear issue... not sure. The point is, its just not silence when I move the button.. something is happening under there! Is this a repair that anyone has tried? How difficult? Dealer wanted hundreds of dollars to fix it (quote). Can the driver's seat come out fairly easy? Sorry for all the questions but I want to tackle this one myself.

----------

Typo in title! I meant ".. seat won't GO up/down"

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

Re: 2007 DTS Drivers Seat won't got up/down

There is a TSB on it to replace washers. LOok at my post.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eat-issue.html

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Jdalton50, please let me know if you would like me to look into this further for you! I see danog has given you a link already, which I hope you've found helpful. Please feel free to send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for additional assistance!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

brucehammond is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS, 2013 ATS 2.5

I had this same problem repaired for $150. Go to a buick dealer. They charge a lot less.

Thanks for the response. I assume TSB is technical service bulletin, right? Is this a do-it-yourself sort of job or is it better to let it be done at Buick dealer for $150. Anyone do it them-self?

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

You donít have to take the seat out. Cadillac pays us .6 hr to do both front seats under warranty. Out of warranty 1.0 hr. So what ever the shop labor rate is, thatís what you should pay. The same seat tracks are in the Buick also. Whatís wrong are the plastic washers wearing out and the gear goes too far out. Try this, do not sit on the seat. Lift up the front part of the seat and move the switch up and then down it should move if itís not stuck to bad. If that works do the same for the rear. Then you can go buy 4 washers with a 3/8 hole and install them

Great! I'll give that a try and let you know. Thanks!

mrocha742 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am having the exact same issue with my 2010 Escalade. The dealer says I need a whole new rail and wants to charge $700!! Could my issues be the washers as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mrocha742 View Post
    I am having the exact same issue with my 2010 Escalade. The dealer says I need a whole new rail and wants to charge $700!! Could my issues be the washers as well?
    Hello mrocha742,

I am sorry you are experiencing a drivers seat issue in your Escalade. Have you decided to have the dealership fix it? They would be able to tell you if it was the washers or not with your vehicle concern. Please keep us updated and reach out to us with any additional questions!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

mrocha742 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hello mrocha742,

I am sorry you are experiencing a drivers seat issue in your Escalade. Have you decided to have the dealership fix it? They would be able to tell you if it was the washers or not with your vehicle concern. Please keep us updated and reach out to us with any additional questions!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    I havenot taken it cause the service advisor said what itwas over the phone cause he had fixed hundreds under warranty so he knew it was the motor... When I asked can it get checked first he said no it needs the whole track system

I havenot taken it cause the service advisor said what itwas over the phone cause he had fixed hundreds under warranty so he knew it was the motor... When I asked can it get checked first he said no it needs the whole track system
    Hi mrocha742,

Please private message me if you would like to continue discussing this issue. I want to try and assist you with resolving this concern.

Regards,

Laura M.

freddydirector is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Base, 1995 Seville STS

I have the same problem in my 2007 Escalade, only in the driver's seat... but I'm italian and unfortunately here there's only one authorized dealer (in Milan) and they are very expensive (over 70€/h) and not honest at all. So I'm looking for a "do-it-yourself" solution to fix this problem.
    Does anyone have any suggestion? Thanks a lot.

[P.S. Sorry for my bad english but I lived in LA only for a year and I can't improve english very well here in Italy]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.