'06 DTS performance stalling issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, '06 DTS performance stalling issue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 2006 DTS performance package. Car has 105k miles. Random stalling out at low speeds / low rpm with no accompanying ...
    Andrew224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '41 67, '66 75, '02 Deville-L, DTS, DTS-L, XTS, '08 Escalade

'06 DTS performance stalling issue

2006 DTS performance package. Car has 105k miles. Random stalling out at low speeds / low rpm with no accompanying CEL.

Within the past month I've changed both air filters, oil / filter change, changed the spark plugs with AC Delco platinums, the #1 ignition coil was replaced with AC Delco part, had the dealer replace the secondary air check valve, clean the throttle body and clean the fuel injectors.

It was a intermintent problem before but I thought that all the previously stated work would have cleared up the stalling issue too.

Usually occurs when turning at low speeds, but once or twice when I was slowing down, almost to a stop at a red light. The power steering pump has a slight leak that I have not had time to address because of the frigid temperatures but it does have fluid at the proper level and doesn't make noise.

Are there any sensors around there that the leaking fluid may have shorted out?

The absence of a CEL is really throwing me.

Anyone have any suggestions.

If it was an O2 sensor or crankshaft sensor gone bad, wouldn't it throw a code?

The car will stall out about once every two days or so now. Starts right up and runs fine immediately afterwards. Of course, dealer was unable to replicate it the last time I brought it in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grullon10 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    Check the fuel pump pressure. Also next to the powerstering pump is the camshaft sensor is on the engine head against the firewall check if the connection do not has oil on it.

Mark58 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS Performance

Re: '06 DTS performance stalling issue

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew224 View Post
    2006 DTS performance package. Car has 105k miles. Random stalling out at low speeds / low rpm with no accompanying CEL.

Within the past month I've changed both air filters, oil / filter change, changed the spark plugs with AC Delco platinums, the #1 ignition coil was replaced with AC Delco part, had the dealer replace the secondary air check valve, clean the throttle body and clean the fuel injectors.

It was a intermintent problem before but I thought that all the previously stated work would have cleared up the stalling issue too.

Usually occurs when turning at low speeds, but once or twice when I was slowing down, almost to a stop at a red light. The power steering pump has a slight leak that I have not had time to address because of the frigid temperatures but it does have fluid at the proper level and doesn't make noise.

Are there any sensors around there that the leaking fluid may have shorted out?

The absence of a CEL is really throwing me.

Anyone have any suggestions.

If it was an O2 sensor or crankshaft sensor gone bad, wouldn't it throw a code?

The car will stall out about once every two days or so now. Starts right up and runs fine immediately afterwards. Of course, dealer was unable to replicate it the last time I brought it in.
    I had same problems with my 02. Crank sensors (2) were replaced every yr. Car would stall for no reason but it started right up.

Phatalac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LUX III

i have the same damn problem but a few codes have popped up over time had one coil pack replaced and all the plugs with OEM ones, the dealer replaced the first oxygen sensor, they also replaced the egr tube they said it was leaking. i haven't stalled since so im hoping that was my fix on my 06 lux III. hope that helps i found very little help with this issue on the 06+ body style.

I'm going to take a shot at it by replacing the two crankshaft position sensors and the camshaft position sensor. Other people have posted that this solved issues with their pre-06 DeVille's and codes weren't thrown in some of those instances. It's basically the same engine / set-up, maybe the '06s and on up are reaching that age where these issues are going to start to come up.

Looks fairly straightforward and is cheaper than the $90 minimum charge to drive my car into the Cadillac dealer. I'll post up results after the sensors are replaced and I have a chance to see if the issue persists.
    Mark58 and Mark58 like this.

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Try replacing the pcv valve (positive ventilation crankcase) sounds like you are running to lean and it shows up at idle. Cheap and easy.

Crank,cam and oxy sensors can be checked with a DMM (Digital multimeter).

Also you can take it to autozone and they will scan it for free. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike5514 View Post
    Try replacing the pcv valve (positive ventilation crankcase) sounds like you are running to lean and it shows up at idle. Cheap and easy.

Crank,cam and oxy sensors can be checked with a DMM (Digital multimeter).

Also you can take it to autozone and they will scan it for free. Mike
    Good suggetion about the PCV. I have an OBDII scanner... No codes. Anyone know where I can find what the proper values are for the sensors? That PCV will be next if the sensors don't clear up the issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew224 View Post
    Looks fairly straightforward and is cheaper than the $90 minimum charge to drive my car into the Cadillac dealer. I'll post up results after the sensors are replaced and I have a chance to see if the issue persists.
    How is the sensor replacement going, Andrew? As a Customer Service representative, I'm unable to provide much DIY assistance; however, I'm happy to see so many forum members helping you along the way. If you do decide to involve your dealership, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Katie.

I haven't received the parts yet to try to remedy my problem. I'll play around with some of the various possible solutions for a bit longer. If I can't get it, I'll bring it back in to Bill Jacobs Cadillac.

BIGDADDYCADDY07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 dts 1986 fleetwood brougham d'elegance

hey andrew having the same problem on mine only when car is over nite cold 9hrs+when coasting at idle when rpms drop to idle the engine seems to drop to a very low rpms sometimes cathes it self sometimes not check your intake bolts mine were loose but still has the problem very intermediate not always

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDADDYCADDY07 View Post
    hey andrew having the same problem on mine only when car is over nite cold 9hrs+when coasting at idle when rpms drop to idle the engine seems to drop to a very low rpms sometimes cathes it self sometimes not check your intake bolts mine were loose but still has the problem very intermediate not always
    Sounds very similar to what I experience. I'll keep you posted as to my progress if I make any.

yeah thanks mine has benn driving me crazy changed all the intake trottle body plenum and injecter gaskets and cleaned trottle body some difference not much not stalling but still does the nose dive on coasting to a stop but only cold first 10-15 mins of driving i will do the same if i find the cure lucky the parts were 110.00 my cost at dlr labor did it myself= priceless

I took it in to Naperville Cadillac. MAF sensor found to be outside of parameters and causing the engine to run lean. It was replaced at a total cost of around $360.

hey andrew can you email me at caddymn@hotmail.com would like to discuss your results im having some what the same problems

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Gentleman! we just had one of our fellow Cadillac owners clean his EGR valve and that cured his problem, this valve we have often overlooked while trouble shooting. I think the Exhaust Gas Recirculating valve is attached with 2 bolts remove and clean pintel and surrounding area. Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.