Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2009 DTS platinum edition

14K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  DSNCB919 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just bought a 2009 DTS PLATINUM EDITION
BLACK RAVEN WITH EBONY TEHAMA LEATHER, side blind zone alert, lane departure warning AND ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL, 37,000 miles, full original factory warranty 4 yr 50k still in effect. I paid $26,450. My son and I drove it 2,000 miles in 4 nights, 5 days back to my home in Fullerton, CA, noproblem.
I brought it to the Cadillac dealer to perform a certified pre owned inspection. Cadillac replaced the 2 front struts and 2 rear shocks total warranty free cost $2,300 (magnetic ridecontrol) no charge to me. The ride is smooth, the performance shift algorithm kicks down crisply and its all so amazing now. We are so lucky and blessed. Everything works and checked out A OK.
For pictures please use google search for "2009 Cadillac DTS PLATINUM EDITION SALE BROWN DEER WISCONSIN"
Then click images the first series of Pictures are my car it should be the ones from north shore Audi the dealer where I bought the car.
I will post the pics once I get on my windows PC. Thanks for all the replies.

The original factory sticker was in the trunk with the owners manuals and the extra key in the leather pouch! The MSRP was $62,000!!!

The Tehama leather is unique. The leather aroma is immediately noticeable when the doors are opened. There is an original factory Tehama leather tag still hanging on the back seat with cleaning instructions. Apparently all that's needed is a wipe down with a damp lint free cloth. Cleaners and leather polishers are prohibited. HOW COOL!! I almost bought some lexol!

The only disappoment was the mats!! The mats are missing. The original factory mats are rare and no longer available!! Sucks! They were thick pile Berber cashmere mats from the factory. Expensive!! The original platinum edition interior mats were unique, plush and reversible too!!

This original cargo mat for the Platinum edition had the "DTS PLATINUM EDITION" logo, was also thick pile cashmere Berber and reversible.

The only issue we had was easily fixed. The tire pressure monitors were not matched to the wheel. The factory GM recommended cold tire pressure is ONLY 30 psi!! So the dealer had to reset and rematch the sensors to the correct wheel displayed on the driver information center!!

The other issue was the shocks!! I already posted this before!! The previous owner drove long distance Wisconsin. To Florida and Texas. The shocks and struts were worn out!!! But Cadillac and my advisor Mr. Steve whittle got GM to replace free of charge to me saved me almost $2,300. These are smart shocks and struts -- magnetic ride control !! So they are expensive!!!

I looked high and low all over the US FOR THIS VEHICLE for nine months! It is my son's first car that he can build a safe driving record with. He is 16.

See less See more
#14 ·
That's the factory Platinum wood...knowing GM, some bean counter didn't want to pay for the tooling to make the light ash shift knob...

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
My Sons life was saved by the 8 air bag zones in a head on collision with a drunk driver at the wheel of a F-350 extended bed crew cab.
The passenger compartment integrity was not compromised - GrNt my son was in a state of traumatic shock lacerations from the air bag deployments but god help us no injury that required hospitalization.
ALAS THE END OF THIS FINE VEHICLE. A total loss. SAD SAD SAD
MY SON WAS DRIVING BACK HOME FROM A GROUP STUDY FINAL YEAR HIGH SCHOOL
A DRUNK DRIVER HIT THE DTS HEAD ON COLLISION With F-350 AT 50 mph plus son at 30 mph Combined speed

Grant just test drove a 2014 CTS-V and a 2014 CTS-V Sport. He seems to love the V Sport, has a better
Ride. He learnt that there is no comparison to the DTS for space and luxury. As for safety features, the price is steep for a replacement cost.
I'm trying to talk him into the new 2015 escalade - $90k
I'm told if we wait for the Platinum Edition it's an all new design.

#21 ·
My Sons life was saved by the 8 air bag zones in a head on collision with a drunk driver at the wheel of a F-350 extended bed crew cab.
The passenger compartment integrity was not compromised - GrNt my son was in a state of traumatic shock lacerations from the air bag deployments but god help us no injury that required hospitalization.
ALAS THE END OF THIS FINE VEHICLE. A total loss. SAD SAD SAD
MY SON WAS DRIVING BACK HOME FROM A GROUP STUDY FINAL YEAR HIGH SCHOOL
A DRUNK DRIVER HIT THE DTS HEAD ON COLLISION With F-350 AT 50 mph plus son at 30 mph Combined speed
First, I am glad your son is OK and walked away with no injuries.
The car did what it was designed to do... sacrificed itself to save your son's life.
Sorry about the loss of your car, but cars can be replaced... your son can not be replaced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.