2009 DTS platinum edition
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2009 DTS platinum edition in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just bought a 2009 DTS PLATINUM EDITION BLACK RAVEN WITH EBONY TEHAMA LEATHER, side blind zone alert, lane departure ...
    Akm20814 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS PLATINUM EDITION

2009 DTS platinum edition

I just bought a 2009 DTS PLATINUM EDITION
    BLACK RAVEN WITH EBONY TEHAMA LEATHER, side blind zone alert, lane departure warning AND ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL, 37,000 miles, full original factory warranty 4 yr 50k still in effect. I paid $26,450. My son and I drove it 2,000 miles in 4 nights, 5 days back to my home in Fullerton, CA, noproblem.
    I brought it to the Cadillac dealer to perform a certified pre owned inspection. Cadillac replaced the 2 front struts and 2 rear shocks total warranty free cost $2,300 (magnetic ridecontrol) no charge to me. The ride is smooth, the performance shift algorithm kicks down crisply and its all so amazing now. We are so lucky and blessed. Everything works and checked out A OK.
    For pictures please use google search for "2009 Cadillac DTS PLATINUM EDITION SALE BROWN DEER WISCONSIN"
    Then click images the first series of Pictures are my car it should be the ones from north shore Audi the dealer where I bought the car.
    I will post the pics once I get on my windows PC. Thanks for all the replies.

The original factory sticker was in the trunk with the owners manuals and the extra key in the leather pouch! The MSRP was $62,000!!!

The Tehama leather is unique. The leather aroma is immediately noticeable when the doors are opened. There is an original factory Tehama leather tag still hanging on the back seat with cleaning instructions. Apparently all that's needed is a wipe down with a damp lint free cloth. Cleaners and leather polishers are prohibited. HOW COOL!! I almost bought some lexol!

The only disappoment was the mats!! The mats are missing. The original factory mats are rare and no longer available!! Sucks! They were thick pile Berber cashmere mats from the factory. Expensive!! The original platinum edition interior mats were unique, plush and reversible too!!

This original cargo mat for the Platinum edition had the "DTS PLATINUM EDITION" logo, was also thick pile cashmere Berber and reversible.

The only issue we had was easily fixed. The tire pressure monitors were not matched to the wheel. The factory GM recommended cold tire pressure is ONLY 30 psi!! So the dealer had to reset and rematch the sensors to the correct wheel displayed on the driver information center!!

The other issue was the shocks!! I already posted this before!! The previous owner drove long distance Wisconsin. To Florida and Texas. The shocks and struts were worn out!!! But Cadillac and my advisor Mr. Steve whittle got GM to replace free of charge to me saved me almost $2,300. These are smart shocks and struts -- magnetic ride control !! So they are expensive!!!

I looked high and low all over the US FOR THIS VEHICLE for nine months! It is my son's first car that he can build a safe driving record with. He is 16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BlackRavenDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS (Black Raven)

Re: 2009 dts platinum edition

Congrats!

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Very nice...
    Now post us some pictures and we will drool all over it...

Texas Jim

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Adaptive cruise control now if i could have one more thing on my 06 that would be it. Welcome

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

welcome:
    Congrats!
    Let us know how you like it so far.

Re: 2009 DTS platinum edition

I just found the platinum edition special interior mats at Cadillac daddy .com for $200 shipped.
    So happy times!!
    Still nothing on the special DTS platinum edition logo cargo mat!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Many congratulations, Akm! Thank you for all the valuable feedback, and if you'd like me to investigate anything further for you (such as the mats) please email me anytime. My email address is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Looking forward to your future pics!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

I just posted new pics of my son's 2009 dts platinum edition
    enjoy!!

----------

Enjoy!

2009 DTS Platinum Edition pics posted originally to my profile.
    here they are again!
    DRIVERCOMPART.JPGDRIVERSEATS.JPGDRVR_SIDE_VIEW.JPGENGINE.JPGFRONT_INTERIOR.JPGFRTADAPTICCRUISE.JPGFRTDRVRQTR.JPGLEFTREARQTR.JPGREAR.JPGREAR SEAT.JPG

2009 DTS Platinum Edition pics:
    SBZA.JPGSticker.JPGSTICKERADAPTIVETEHAMA.JPGWHEEL.JPGFRTADAPTICCRUISE.JPGDRIVERCOMPART.JPG

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Where? Linky?

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

The car is gorgeous. Why not a wood shift handle? Is all the wood original or is any after-market?

Big Caddy Kane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Incredibly jealous over here.

383 LT1 SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Impala SS 383 LT12007 DTS Performance 2011 Escalade ESV

Beautiful car. I really like the lighter wood grain than the dark that I have in my performance edition. Enjoy your new purchase.

383 LT1 SS

scott f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS/ 1994 STS

That is one fine piece of machinery! I wonder if someone traded for an Audi and WHY?? That DTS is Untouchable, and loaded to the ! Better fill'er up tho...best of luck to you,your son, and the Experience!

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    Quote Originally Posted by StuJac View Post
    The car is gorgeous. Why not a wood shift handle? Is all the wood original or is any after-market?
    That's the factory Platinum wood...knowing GM, some bean counter didn't want to pay for the tooling to make the light ash shift knob...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Vitaqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts

What a beauty! How does your son like driving her? Tomorrow is the big day for my 17 year son too! Taking the test for his temps. He will be using my 06 DTS luxury lll to learn in, one of the reason for my purchase. I love it too. Have fun!
    ronm01 and ronm01 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.