Who here has the most miles on their DTS? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Who here has the most miles on their DTS? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Mine will turn 117,000 tomorrow... I am on another long road trip. Jim...
    Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Who here has the most miles on their DTS?

Mine will turn 117,000 tomorrow...
    I am on another long road trip.

Jim

starfox86 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 deville, 2000 sls, 2006 cts-v

205,000 on my 2001 sts.... headgaskets, reseal, main bearings, tranny all done at 185,000. looking for 400K

Ive seen one 05 deville with over 300k (limo driver) and a 98 deville with like 320k but it was a rat....come into my dealership for service.

jpoborsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS, 2000 Deville

Just traded-In my 2000 Deville for my 2008 DTS. My 2000 Deville had 315,000 miles. Besides a bad transmission valve I had no other mechanical problems. The A/C went out at 200,000 miles. Three of the four power windows broke (cable and/or trolley broke), dash board warped due to the hot TN sun. The car exterior still looked show room new when I traded it in last month (July). Amazingly, I still averaged 24 miles per gallon..

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR, 2011 CTS4 Premium

162'460 miles on my 2006.

This was today...

PO3Sandoval is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by DevilleDeeman View Post
    257,879 km's on my 2006 DTS, no major issues yet...
    *kneels down*

respect

lol

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    215,500 miles on mine. Still going......

Also had a DTS I serviced for a limo company.
    396,000 miles on the last visit.

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR, 2011 CTS4 Premium

168,000 miles or 271,000 kms on mine. All highway driving.

Vitaqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts

Almost 175000 miles. Just purchased in Nov 2012. I plan on keeping it forever. That and my 95 fleetwood with over 161000 miles. Can you tell I'm the cadillac queen?

Y'all are ahead of me... LOL
    This is the best I can do... taken a few weeks ago...

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Comforting to know I have 97,000 plus change the trunk brake light and cat were changed under warranty by a previous owner. I acquired the car on 9/27/10 with 83000 on the speedo.

I have replaced the battery, tires, and one tpm,

Last week I replace the tension er and the accessory belt. (tension er or belt was chirping) Both seemed to be original although the belt was made in UK and the tension er in Canada.

I found a USA belt but the tension er Gates was made in korea.

The book says to remove the AC line and the wheel well panel I did neither. I did remove the torque strut and its mounting bracket the cover for the fuse box and the surge tank did not disconnect the lines into the tank just moved it aside to get the torque strut out.

To release pressure on the belt I used a 1/2 ratchet and a small cheater bar and with the help of a long screwdriver I was able to install the belt

The fit between the AC hose and the tension er bolt 15mm is tight but doable.

Found cracks in the rubber of the torque strut and ordered a new one its very easy to change.

The main point of my post is that at my age I should get something with more room to work on (a little easier) but only putting 7,000 a year on my dts Im good for ten more years Thank you everyone I would hate to give up the worlds best heated seat.Mike

PS Cost 71 bucks plus new torque strut 30.00 labor free!

Quote Originally Posted by mike5514 View Post
    Comforting to know I have 97,000 plus change the trunk brake light and cat were changed under warranty by a previous owner. I acquired the car on 9/27/10 with 83000 on the speedo.

I have replaced the battery, tires, and one tpm,

Last week I replace the tension er and the accessory belt. (tension er or belt was chirping) Both seemed to be original although the belt was made in UK and the tension er in Canada.

I found a USA belt but the tension er Gates was made in korea.

The book says to remove the AC line and the wheel well panel I did neither. I did remove the torque strut and its mounting bracket the cover for the fuse box and the surge tank did not disconnect the lines into the tank just moved it aside to get the torque strut out.

To release pressure on the belt I used a 1/2 ratchet and a small cheater bar and with the help of a long screwdriver I was able to install the belt

The fit between the AC hose and the tension er bolt 15mm is tight but doable.

Found cracks in the rubber of the torque strut and ordered a new one its very easy to change.

The main point of my post is that at my age I should get something with more room to work on (a little easier) but only putting 7,000 a year on my dts Im good for ten more years Thank you everyone I would hate to give up the worlds best heated seat.Mike

PS Cost 71 bucks plus new torque strut 30.00 labor free!
    Very good work...
    I probably should check the torque strut on mine... I sometimes drive a little more BRISKLY than the average Cadillac driver.

big greg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts
    I changed mine when I bought my car as it was broken completely. and lol at Jim. "briskly" my girlfriend asked me the other day why I took it to 6400 rpm. I said "why not?"

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Thanks jim

There were a number of cracks I rocked the car and there was definite movement I used a 16mm deep socket to remove it (if I remember correctly) and if you do it yourself you might have to move the surge tank out of the way and the fuse box cover to get at the front surge tank nut. Reinstall the torque strut bolt and nut to 52 ft lb.

I ordered same maker of strut as Rock auto carries DEA A5387 but I did not get mine there I'm still waiting so I cant guaranty fit. Mike

jdalton50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

My 07 DTS has 97K miles on it. I love it but it has been a problem child. Its right now in the shop due to a major leak at a drive shaft seal. Have to pull tranny and replace some bushing that kept making the shaft seal seal fail... hmmmm. $~2500 repair! Ouch! Seal has been replaced twice before. Lumbar on pass seat quit, drivers seat won't go up/down; pass seat heater is hit and miss on when it works. Windshield washer is also hit and miss when it works (not preheated); engine torsion bar (up top) is broken; lower engine mount broken. (Crap, now I am in a bad mood after repeating all of this!) LOL Getting it all fixed.. gonna be a big bill. Maybe I should sack the car once its fixed and get an ol' crank handle window clunker! JK.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.