Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cruise control disengages

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mikehutson 
#1 · (Edited)
I had this in the dealer twice and its still under warrenty.
Ill be driving along happy as a clam with the cruise control on.
Then for no reason it will disengage and the only way to get it to reingage is to lift up on the brake pedal with my toe.
NO im not riding the break...
The dealer says the scanned codes shoes 8 disables were made by active cruise control.
I cannot believe they can not figure this out!:bomb:

#10 ·
I have a similar problem with my 2008 DTS Performance model. Bought in 2010 with 11,000 miles. Cruise control would disengage, sometimes I could re-engage, sometimes not. Dealer replaced brake switch under warranty. Same issue occurred on and off. Dealer replaced body module. Same issues. Issue has persisted. It always works first thing in the morning, but if I park it for a length of time, the cruise will not work at all. After driving some, cruise will work. This might take 15 minutes or 2 hours. Also, when I hit a bump in the road, cruise might disengage. Sometimes it will reset, sometimes not. Seems to be engine compartment heat related, sometimes bump sensitive. Also, going uphill, it might disengage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.