08 DTS with electrical probs - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 08 DTS with electrical probs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had the car towed to carmax, where it was purchased 3 months ago. They said if they can't diagnose ...
    Paulyray is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 08 DTS with electrical probs

I had the car towed to carmax, where it was purchased 3 months ago. They said if they can't diagnose it they would take it back to Cadillac, (the dealership that had it last week is just down the street). We'll see what they come up with.

Breanne, thank you for your interest. I would appreciate anything you can do. Do you have an email where I can send you my vin? I don't think I am capable of sending you a private message.

Thanks again for all of the comments, ideas, and advice. I'll be sure to post any updates.

The carmax service dept. was able to get the car to act up, and told me they had a huge list of codes. They took it back to the same Cadillac dealer that had it last week and they asked to drive it on an extended trip. (100 miles) After having the car for another week the cadi dealer did say they got it to do everything I was describing. They came up with the parking senser module and the back seat heater module were bad, and causing all this mayhem. $1049 to repair. They ordered parts and hopefully this week I will get the car back and this will take care of the problems. It seams really odd to me that these modules would cause the car to completely go dead electrically. I hope this fixes it. Thanks for everybodies help.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    For that much money, I hope they fixed it as well.

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Sounds like a battery or the battery ground, when the battery goes dead everything shuts down cant even remove the key your battery might be borderline.Mike

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    You would've figured if the battery was bad he would've gotten some type of error message on the dic.

2007DTSLUXI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007DTSLUXI

If you are versed in electrical theory and schematics/diagrams, I would suggest to have them explain to you how those modules could correlate into the issues that you have, and see if one of their techs could lead through it. Because you are experiencing Something else on another circuit however it could be a flow of electric that needs those modules to ground or bridge power to other areas. It just sounds a little far-fetched. Just my opinion man.

Well, it seems to have fixed my problems. Apparently, the way it was explained to me, was that the rear seat heater module, and the park assist module were causing the vehicles other components to not be able to communicate with each other properly. I agree it sounds far fetched, but I think it fixed it. Knock on wood. Thanks for every bodies help and comments. Issues like these are frustrating, to say the least.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS Performance Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Paulyray View Post
    Well, it seems to have fixed my problems. Apparently, the way it was explained to me, was that the rear seat heater module, and the park assist module were causing the vehicles other components to not be able to communicate with each other properly. I agree it sounds far fetched, but I think it fixed it. Knock on wood. Thanks for every bodies help and comments. Issues like these are frustrating, to say the least.
    I hope you have it fixed.
    I know i get really aggravated whenever something goes wrong with my DTS.

Texas Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.