tires purchased for my 06
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, tires purchased for my 06 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Bought some Goodyear Eagle LS tires yesterday. tires have a H speed rating and a 98 load rating 6600 lbs ...
    mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

tires purchased for my 06

Bought some Goodyear Eagle LS tires yesterday. tires have a H speed rating and a 98 load rating 6600 lbs Im fairly certain this means that the tires can withstand a speed of 130 mph carrying a 6600 lb load for 10 minutes. the base dts is 4188 curb weight so I guess you can put 2412 lbs in the trunk/car and be safe for 10 min. at 130 mph. I dont want to try it Tires are made in Layton OK. on the 44th weak in 2011 according to the DOT code. Reviews are mixed.

I drove 20 miles home. Tires are very smooth and quite up to 80 mph. This morning I checked and they still held air.

The installer wanted to know were the switch was to turn off the rear pump in the trunk (i never heard of one) We looked and could not find one. He said that if the car is dropped with the "bags" pressurized you can do damage to that system. I also never ran across that problem. I did not pay much attention to his work but he did use a torque wrench at 100 ibs exactly what I do.

Something I ran across while searching for the codes is that the shelf life of a tire is 6 years.Mike

----------

I just realized I could put 20 people in the car and all their baggage and go 130 mph, for ten minuets!!!!

The only problem I can foresee is I would have to have the car detailed because of all the crap and puke.Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: tires purchased for my 06

You don't have to worry about getting it detailed... the speed limiter is at 112 MPH...
    Nobody should get upset at only 112...

Jim

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Some older cars used air bags and an air pump to raise and lower the car, and actually had a switch in the trunk to turn off the pump. This was done because when the car was raised the rear wheels would drop and the air bags would have less air pressure in them. The height of the car was indicated by means of a mechanical switch which no longer functioned properly since the car was jacked up. Note that I said older cars. This system is not used anymore and probably hasn't been used in more than 10 years.

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Thanks ted.Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.