Oil leak vs. Seepage issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Oil leak vs. Seepage issue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So most if us that have bought cadillacs have run into the oil leak vs, seepage issue. What do you ...
    DS1784DS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007DTS

Oil leak vs. Seepage issue

So most if us that have bought cadillacs have run into the oil leak vs, seepage issue. What do you think? I think if oil is coming from the pan to block seal its leaking. The seal or gasket is there to prevent the oil from exiting the engine. When oil starts to come out the gasket/seal, its leaking. I REALLY DON'T THINK THE OIL HAS TO RUNNING ON THE GROUND TO VERIFY THE LEAK. My local caddy dealer told me its just seepage on my 2007 dts with 72,000 on the clock. Now i own an auto repair shop and i am asc certified mechanic and have been for 35 years. I really don't understand why they just don't repair this. Yes its a very long time consuming job, but it is under warranty for another 28,000 miles and 5 more months. Seems like the dealer would take care of this to preserve its image and that of the brand. This is my fifth cadlillac by the way. I have had no issue with warranty repairs in the past. Just my rant, by they way

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Oil leak vs. Seepage issue

I would take it to a different dealer...
    Mine had a seep at the case half seal...and a seep at the rear of the real valve cover.
    It had never dripped on my concrete garage floor... there were no spots on the floor.
    They pulled the engine and fixed it.

Texas Jim

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I would recommend taking the vehicle to a different dealer to have them diagnose it, as well. If you would like me to call and make an appointment just let me know your VIN, name and the name of the other dealer and I will be more than happy to assist you.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

DS1784DS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007DTS

Well my seepage issue is now leaving two to three inch puddles of oil. I will drop the car off at the dealer in a couple days and see if they will finally repair this the correct way. I will keep everyone updated

2007DTSLUXI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007DTSLUXI

I was told that if you switch to synthetic oil that it will upgrade that seap to a leak for sure. Not sure it is factual information, however I was told that certain minerals in regular engine oil keep our gaskets and seals swelled up and when you switch to synthetic that it lacks those minerals and will causes those seals and gaskets to deflate a minute amount which has a tendancy to spout some leaks lol...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.