random stalling issue 2006 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, random stalling issue 2006 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys in the past month the car has died at random two times while idling, just poof and the ...
    Phatalac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LUX III

random stalling issue 2006 DTS

Hey guys in the past month the car has died at random two times while idling, just poof and the cars off with the key in the ignition.
    Once with me driving and coming up to a red light it just shut down as if i turned the key back restarted fine, and once while i was right outside the car I heard it rev up and down then off, and the last time I was sitting in the car in a parking lot and it just started to rev up then dip Super low and it caught it self but its very odd and makes me not want to go on a road trip with this car.
    In all the GM cars i have ever had none have done this other then my 96 lt1 caprice and that was only when the fuel pump died. I did get a CEL on i check the code and its p2431Sec Air Inj Sys Air Flow/Press Sens Circ Range/Perf Bank1 but the light has since turned its self off. any insight would be a big help the car does have a GMPP warranty.

after searching the net this is all i could come up with is one other case like this
    http://www.justanswer.com/car/29r0f-...sometimes.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: random stalling issue 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Phatalac View Post
    Hey guys in the past month the car has died at random two times while idling, just poof and the cars off with the key in the ignition.
    Once with me driving and coming up to a red light it just shut down as if i turned the key back restarted fine, and once while i was right outside the car I heard it rev up and down then off, and the last time I was sitting in the car in a parking lot and it just started to rev up then dip Super low and it caught it self but its very odd and makes me not want to go on a road trip with this car.
    In all the GM cars i have ever had none have done this other then my 96 lt1 caprice and that was only when the fuel pump died. I did get a CEL on i check the code and its p2431Sec Air Inj Sys Air Flow/Press Sens Circ Range/Perf Bank1 but the light has since turned its self off. any insight would be a big help the car does have a GMPP warranty.

after searching the net this is all i could come up with is one other case like this
    http://www.justanswer.com/car/29r0f-...sometimes.html
    Since it is still under warranty... take it in and have the AIR checked out.
    My understanding is it is fairly expensive to replace the AIR pump.
    That could very well be what is causing your problem.

Jim

while driving today the power cut and the engine lost all power for a second then came back to life but this time service stabilitrak and traction control message came up and the car began to shift very firm. it should be going in on monday and to boot driver side heated seat stopped working.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I apologize for your frustrations, lett us know what the dealership finds out. I am curious to how they handle this issue, keep us updated!
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Jay'sFavCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 00 pearl DTS to 06 diamond DTS

I had this happen on my old 00 DTS. I never found out the problem or fixed it. Sometimes it would die at 50-60 mph and I would have to put it in neutral and re crank and throw back into drive in traffic. I actually got pretty good at this during the winter. I lived in Florida and it rarely happened in the summer.

i was told by the dealership that they wont even look into the problem if my check engine light is not on any longer.

Rusty058 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII

If my memory serves me correctly error codes are kept in memory and can be retreived.Sounds like a lazy service dept.

I think they are being lazy and just want me to pay my 100 deductible again to open a new case, the car stalled again tonight, the only pattern i think i have found is its low speeds and with the breaks applied in a light fashion, but if has acted wonkey during light acceleration from stops and once while driving around 40kph the rpms dropped real low then spiked back up as if i turned the car on and off in very fast. this is begging to really piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatalac View Post
    I think they are being lazy and just want me to pay my 100 deductible again to open a new case, the car stalled again tonight, the only pattern i think i have found is its low speeds and with the breaks applied in a light fashion, but if has acted wonkey during light acceleration from stops and once while driving around 40kph the rpms dropped real low then spiked back up as if i turned the car on and off in very fast. this is begging to really piss me off.
    Does it usually do it within the first five minutes of starting it up??

Jim

383 LT1 SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Impala SS 383 LT12007 DTS Performance 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty058 View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly error codes are kept in memory and can be retreived.Sounds like a lazy service dept.
    You are correct the codes will be stored. The original poster should have the car scanned and find out what codes have been set. Guessing at a check engine light is a sure fire way of making your wallet lighter in a hurry.

383 LT1 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    Does it usually do it within the first five minutes of starting it up??

Jim
    I am wanting to say yes to that. I am just running threw my head all the times its done it and most have been in the 10 minutes range but a few times it has done it i would say in the 20 minute range. the code that was set off is p2431Sec Air Inj Sys Air Flow/Press Sens Circ Range/Perf Bank1 the dealer said the light had to be ON before they look at it.
    I know the code is stored in there the light was on for a day then it went off. I might just take it to a different GM dealer pay the 100 dollars for my GMPP again and hope they find some thing, its just so sporadic even if i left it with them for a week theirs a chance its not going to do it once. I love this car but this is driving me nuts!

estar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS

The same thing happened to me with my previous 2000 Deville. The dealer replaced both crankshaft sensors and it corrected the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by estar View Post
    The same thing happened to me with my previous 2000 Deville. The dealer replaced both crankshaft sensors and it corrected the problem.
    Crankshaft sensors were a known problem on 2000 year models.

Did it again! i though i had fixed this issue i cleaned the throttle body really well was not to dirty but it was dirty, all was good for weeks then tonight went to remote start the car heard the fuel pump prime lights flashed then nothing, though to my self odd reached in started right up was running for a minute or so then it just shut down.
    Started it back up CEL on same code as before about the air pump, went to drive away and it felt like the TPS was all out of wack was giving it gas it bucked a bit but did not stall then all was fine I restated the car CEL was off remote start works as it should and no more issues. im going insane with this dealer knows about it but was just told cant duplicate.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Phatalac,
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your car. If you would send me your name, VIN, address, involved dealership and contact information I'd be happy to contact your dealership and look into this further for you. Thanks in advance.
    Cadillac Customer Service,
    Justin

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.