random stalling issue 2006 DTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, random stalling issue 2006 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I have a 2006 DTS as well, and am experiencing the ...
    rthalberta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: random stalling issue 2006 DTS

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I have a 2006 DTS as well, and am experiencing the exact same problem. Its been to the dealer twice. They've been able to pull codes (one of which was also air injection or something), but were unable to duplicate. It's getting frustrating.

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Air pumps usually blow the fuse when the hoses fill up with moister and short out the air pump

Look for moister in the air pump hoses check for blown fuses. They are In the engine fuse box.

The air pump is a canister located on the passenger side of bank (I think) it has a solenoid valve and a sensor the sensor I think is not replaceable but the valve with the sensor is. Of course check the wiring first.Mike

Phatalac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LUX III

My issues went away after i took the rear seat up and cleaned off all the battery terminals and greased them all up aswell as sanded all the grounds off and made sure every thing was tight in the fuses box ive had zero issues. Since then aswell As having higher volts on the dic. Try that first. I had very shitty grounds from the factory.

Phat I remember you were having a lot of problems with your car Im glad it was a easy fix. Mike

i was in shock at how poor they really were attached from the factory upon inspection you could see very little of the ground I loop was making contact to the painted surface, There should be a sticky on this for the DTS i was going to do a small write up but i did not take any pictures. this is a MUST for DTS owners even if you don't have the issues i was having im sure your grounds are the same as there were on mine. and all would benefit from this. Thank you all for the help i got in this thread

I'll give this a shot. Thanks for the advice.

So I cleaned the back seat grounds. No issues for a few days, then it started stalling out again (with check engine, traction control, and stabilitrak light on again). Took it into the dealer for a 4th time, where they changed the air pump, and a faulty sensor for the drivers front traction control sensor (in for almost a month). I made it 24, now its stalling out AGAIN, with the same three lights coming on. Even stalled at 50 mph on the freeway off ramp! The dealer seems to be at a loss for what to do, and its getting to the point now where its turning into a safety concern, and I'm seriously considering just selling the car. Any more possible ideas of what could be causing this?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

rthalberta,
    I'm sorry that you've made so many trips in to get this looked into without arriving at a resolution. Given your username, I suppose you're posting from Canada? If you wanted to speak with GM of Canada (Customer Assistance for our Canadian owners), they can be reached at 1-888-446-2000 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST). I apologize if I'm mistaken - if you're from the States please send us a private message here on the forum and we'd be happy to follow up on this with your dealership to see if there was any way we could be of assistance.

Regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

CaddiLukKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    Crankshaft sensors were a known problem on 2000 year models.
    Yes had the crankshaft sensor replaced as well as the fuel pump on my 01Deville(R.I.P.)

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rthalberta View Post
    So I cleaned the back seat grounds. No issues for a few days, then it started stalling out again (with check engine, traction control, and stabilitrak light on again). Took it into the dealer for a 4th time, where they changed the air pump, and a faulty sensor for the drivers front traction control sensor (in for almost a month). I made it 24, now its stalling out AGAIN, with the same three lights coming on. Even stalled at 50 mph on the freeway off ramp! The dealer seems to be at a loss for what to do, and its getting to the point now where its turning into a safety concern, and I'm seriously considering just selling the car. Any more possible ideas of what could be causing this?
    That's just crazy

I will update this with the fact that it has stalled on me twice since hoping it was fixed. only at low speeds once while driving are 40 and once while going from reverse to drive. no CEL

On my 97 there is a throttle position sensor and a idle air control valve the TPS sends data to the Powertrain Control Module it then controls the IAC the IAC valve can become gummy and stick clean the pintel and is cavity also they can be tested with a Multimeter the 12 volt power and the ground. plus the data wire can also be checked. Watch your tach while your driving and if you idle varies IAC is likely the problem.

Of course there can be other problems a vacuum leak, bad map\maf sensor, crank shaft position sensors, etc but the IAC is the most common.

I'm assuming the newer Ns are set up like my 97. Mike

Update car is still doing this, becoming very unsafe lost all power in traffic. Ive searched and searched just got it back from dealer they said all was good. No check engine lights. I may have to sell if i dont get this fixed. There is also a misfire that keeps popping up at random. Please any advice is much needed.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

I really have no idea (though I did have a similar problem with an Intrepid and it was the crankshaft sensor)....but when the car stalls, does the dash light up like when you first put the key in to start? Could you have a short in the ignition, somewhere between the key and the motor, that to the engine control modules, makes it look like you deliberately turned the key to the off position?

Im going to look into the crank sensors as its the only thing ive found to cause this kinda issues. Im going to have to replace them my self as the dealer wont look into this issues unless its doing it while they have the car. Any idea how hard this would be to do?

I had the throttle body cleaned about 10 day ago, and I haven't had an issue with stalling since then. I know it hasn't been very long, but maybe that's worth a try?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.