How to change headlight bulb(s) on a 2006 Cadillac DTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, How to change headlight bulb(s) on a 2006 Cadillac DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Holy cow!!!! You gotta be kidding me? I got a small little round light out on mine about an inch ...
    Cadillac Shawn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS Northstar

Re: How to change headlight bulb(s) on a 2006 Cadillac DTS

Holy cow!!!! You gotta be kidding me? I got a small little round light out on mine about an inch wide circle between the top and bottom round lights and wondered how to change my bulb but haven't really looked into it yet. So yer saying I have to take my wheel off and fender well and remove my front bumper assembly just to get the light off? GHAAAAAD! I'm not looking forward to that job! Guess that light will remain out till march when the warm weather permits me to fix it. That's a lot of work to just change a light bulb. Couldn't GM just design ease into their cars? Would it really hurt to do so?

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR

All that to change a bulb...way to go Cadillac!

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Hey Phigment: Thanks for providing the step-by-step instructions. Does it mean you to go through the similar set of instructions when you have to replace the headlights and/or day-time running lights.

SUGGESTION/QUESTION: Would it too much trouble that, next time, if you could tape the directions/instructions and post'm on the "You Tube"? JUST AN IDEA.

phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

Quote Originally Posted by jazoo View Post
    Hey Phigment: Thanks for providing the step-by-step instructions. Does it mean you to go through the similar set of instructions when you have to replace the headlights and/or day-time running lights.

SUGGESTION/QUESTION: Would it too much trouble that, next time, if you could tape the directions/instructions and post'm on the "You Tube"? JUST AN IDEA.

Yes that is correct. If I ever need to replace a bulb again I will consider making a video tutorial for the community.

stormnn is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

While you are in there, change them all, almost certain another bulb will go out in a couple of weeks.
    Norm
    phigment and phigment like this.

deadeye dick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Two concerns....mine is a 2007 but looks identical in the headlight area. I need to change the headlight. Am I safe to assume this procedure gets me to the right spot to achieve it? (Can't go out and look at the car now as wife has it.) It that the headlight connection I see in step 8 picture and do you think I could just get it out the back for replacement and not go through the rest of the steps? All I want to do is get the headlight to work again. Thanks!

The steps are the same for all DTS's as far as I know. The entire assembly must be removed in order to replace any of the bulbs. There is no access to the back of the headlight assembly from within the engine compartment. As far as I could see the entire assy is covered.

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

2006-2011 all the same. Lots of fun.

billdaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by jazoo View Post

what more could you possibly need
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nightmare.html

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

Thanks to phigment for the pics and info, I just changed one of my hid bulbs yesterday in the 06. Really only took a little more than an hour. I did it without even jacking the car up or taking off the wheel. I did the right lamp, so with the wheels cut all the way to the left, there was plenty of room to get at the 2 nuts and one bolt in there. Really helped alot knowing ahead of time where the bolts and nuts are located.

billdaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by bigtone View Post
    Thanks to phigment for the pics and info, I just changed one of my hid bulbs yesterday in the 06. Really only took a little more than an hour. I did it without even jacking the car up or taking off the wheel. I did the right lamp, so with the wheels cut all the way to the left, there was plenty of room to get at the 2 nuts and one bolt in there. Really helped alot knowing ahead of time where the bolts and nuts are located.
    Hey when you do the other side , take a video of doing the job with out pulling the wheel, and getting it done so quickly. I gotta see that . It would help everybody if you show all of us just how its done.

You are very welcome. I didn't think about not taking the wheel(s) off. If I ever need to replace one of these bulbs again I will try it this way. It will cut some time off the process. Thanks for the information and to the entire community for their contributions on this site. I've visited several make/model specific sites in the past. Few have compared to the knowledge and willingness to help of the Cadillac community.

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

I may do that whenever I do the other side. Like the pics show, you really only need to pop one side of the fascia out a few inches to get the light out. 3 bolts from topside, and 3 from inside the wheelwell, plus about a hundred plastic clips.

Caddy-Lee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks a million for this tutorial, it really helped me out and saved me tons of money. You guys make this the best site to have being a cadillac owner

Basco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm gonna have to try this

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.