memory seats on startup
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, memory seats on startup in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; We just took pocession of a 2010 dts with 17k on it. Lovey car but am having a problem when ...
    hjr007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

memory seats on startup

We just took pocession of a 2010 dts with 17k on it. Lovey car but am having a problem when using the fob to unlock the door that the seats move into my settings. I set this feature to off. When I put the key in the ignation and turn it on I expected it to move the seats into my setting but it does not. Iam using fob 1 and have the memory seats set to 1.

What I want to do is a as follows:

when truning key off seats go back to exit car -works fine
    when I use the fob to unlock the doors it does but puts seats into memory 1 and it is hard to get into the car. fixed turned off this feature
    when I put the key in ignation nothing happens I want the seats to move to position 1 of the memory. My 2002 impala did this...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Re: memory seats on startup

That's one of the more bizarre take-aways from the post 06 DTS. My 08 is the same; in order to return to your present seat position you have to hit the "1" or "2" button. Boggles the mind that they took this away. I found that the setting for "unlock and seat changes" unworkable; I'd much rather "key-in" activate the seats and steering wheel.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yeah! It is really strange that Cadillac thinks the present system (move the seats and steering wheel to the "sitting down position" before sitting down) works better than what they had before. I complained about this when my wife got her 2008 DTS and the salesperson said that is the way it now worked. That is all he would say other than to point out that other people had complained. The CTS and CTS-V work the same way. My 2009 CTS-V and the 2008 CTS have no key to be inserted, so maybe that is what they were planning for. In any case, I use the buttons on the door for entrance and exit positions of the seats and steering wheel.

digital1021 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)
    My 2011 CTS-V Coupe has seats that function properly. Car off door open, seat/wheel go back. Key on seat/wheel goto desired position.

donmillard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

Cool Re: memory seats on startup

I think the default seat/steering column operation is at the opening of the door; my 2010 CTS puts the seat/steering column into my driving postion when I open the door and and into my exit postion as soon as the ignition is turned off.

hjr007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

pretty sad pay all that money......

Thanks form all your help

creepingdeath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 67 Coupe DeVille & 06 DTS

I was wondering why my seat was all the way back. I started using my spare key fob and every time I hit the unlock, it moves the seat back. I then use the key fob I have been using, and the seat does not move. Why does one key fob make the seat move and the other doesn't?

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

This is the first I've heard of this but it can only mean that the other key fob was programmed to return the seat upon pressing the unlock button on the remote. Try re-programming that key to mirror what the other fob does.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath View Post
    I was wondering why my seat was all the way back. I started using my spare key fob and every time I hit the unlock, it moves the seat back. I then use the key fob I have been using, and the seat does not move. Why does one key fob make the seat move and the other doesn't?
    It has to do with a combination of what the memory seat "BUTTONS" on the door are set at the the options in the DIC.

I would venture to guess that if you opened the door with the key and not with the FOB...and then push each memory seat button "ON THE DOOR" there is "ONE" of the buttons that is not programmed... and that is why one FOB works and one doesn't.

Texas Jim

creepingdeath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 67 Coupe DeVille & 06 DTS

Makes sense, ina way. At first I thought my seat was F'd up again. I'll try to get the other remote "programmed". Thanks StuJac and Superjim.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.