Gas Pedal Vibration
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Gas Pedal Vibration in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I do have vouge rims and tires. However, the car rides like a charm. But when going over a bump ...
    teneck83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS, 1997 Deville (34,000 miles)

Gas Pedal Vibration

I do have vouge rims and tires. However, the car rides like a charm. But when going over a bump in the road, or an uneven surface and my foot is on the gas pedal I notice a vibration on the pedal. When the car is on smooth surface i cannot detect any such vibration. Has anyone had this problem? I take it into the dealership this week to have the drivers seat molding replaced but want to bring this up. Also, will the dealership give me a problem about adjusting the door handles. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to open the rear door, it feels like im going to pull the handle off because the door wont open. It does open without effort from the inside though.

Thank you fellas
    Ronnie

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ltdltc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Performance Sport Wagon

Re: Gas Pedal Vibration

I've driven a few with the pedal shimmy. It happens regardless of tire balance. My Lux II was a repeat offender, my Performance Sedan doesn't do it so much.

I told the dealer before the Lux II warranty ran out, they said no no TSB's. My Cadillac Tech friend said there is one and sure enough I found two. It wasn't to bad so I never got around to fixing it and now I no longer have the car.....

Quote Originally Posted by GM Bulletin
    #PIC3825B: Noise From I/P Area Or Vibration In The Pedals -- (May 8, 2007)

Subject: Noise from I/P Area or Vibration in the Pedals

Models: 2006- 2007 Buick Lucerne CXLV8 and CXS

2006- 2007 Cadillac DTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update model years and add image to clarify. Please discard PIC3825A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Some customers may comment about noise coming from the Instrument Panel area and or vibration that is felt in the accelerator and brake pedals when the engine is running. The noise may be described as a hum, tick, rub, or rattle. It may be more noticeable when accelerating or when the transmission shifts.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    The Automatic Transmission Range Selector Cable mass dampener (1) may be contacting the Heater Hoses, Fuel Injector Sight Shield, Vacuum Brake Booster, or Secondary Air Injection Pump plumbing. Reposition the cables or mass dampener (1) to eliminate contact. The position of the mass dampener (1) can be changed by loosening the four screws and sliding it forward or reward to prevent contact with other components. Additional vibration reduction may be achieved by re-routing cable over the top of the Heater Hoses.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
    &

Quote Originally Posted by GM Bulletin
    #PIC3671: Vibration or Buzz Felt in Accelerator or Brake Pedal - keywords cable foot - (Aug 29, 2005)

Subject: Vibration or Buzz Felt in Accelerator or Brake Pedal

Models: 2006 Cadillac DTS

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Some customers may comment that there is a vibration or buzz felt in either the accelerator or brake pedal. This condition may be caused by contact between the shift cable and the accelerator pedal bracket.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    Clean the forward portion (toward the bulkhead) of the accelerator pedal bracket using alcohol. Apply a 4" x 4" 1/2" thick foam pad to the accelerator pedal bracket in the area that contact was noted.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

The door handle problem is not unheard of.
    The dealer should not have a problem adjusting them for you...

Texas Jim

teneck83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS, 1997 Deville (34,000 miles)

Thank both of your so much!!! I am very grateful for your input. I wish I knew more about cars so I can contribute much more.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Teneck83,

Please also keep me updated with this issue. If your dealership does not have a fix, please contact me and I will look in to this further for you.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

magicacorn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

On My 2006 DTS There Was A Vibration In The Foot Petals At All Speeds, The Dealership Found The Transmission Shifter Cable Dampener Causing The Vib. They Relocated The dampener To Correct. 80% of The Problem Was Solved But The Vibration Is Still There, Is There Any Thing Else That Can Be Done, Thank Jack

REVELATION13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS

I hate that feeling it SUCKSSS !

magicacorn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I Wish Things Can Be Fix Right The 1st Time

2007DTSLUXI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007DTSLUXI

The issues I have in relation to gas pedal movement is more like a gyration or lateral movement but only when I hit a bump and it's difficult to duplicate on command. It does feel weird and the first time I have ever heard of a vehicle doing this, its good to know I'm not the only one having this issue

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Mine does it too. I just use it as a guide to take it easy over bumps, and then I don't feel it.

However, next time I'm in for service, I'm going to take this TSB with me and have them fix it..
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

_ike_ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS Luxury III

Mine does it too along with a few different door issues and many, many other things. The dealers have no desire to fix anything.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    If it's under warranty, tell them they can fix it, or you can take it up with GM.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

_ike_ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS Luxury III

I was in talks with some corporate guys at GM. They made some calls and got a few things done after I bought it since the dealer didn't want to fix what they promised but it is very hard to get the rest of the broken stuff fixed. GM basically said they can not do much. The dealer got pissed that I called GM, kind of laughed at me and said GM doesn't own dealerships, they can't tell us what to do.

Car dealers in the New Orleans area have always been difficult to deal with, its just how things are here. The worst part is that my family has bought cadillacs from this particular dealer for a very long time. They have been on heading downhill for years.

I have another dealer now that is somewhat better. Louisiana is a third world country, nothing gets taken care of down here.

2007DTSLUXI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007DTSLUXI

The best thing to do is to obtain written documentation about your claim. And that is what speaks to "corporate"! Data and facts are the best course of action. I have a paper trail about 3 inches thick on my dts. That is what I bring up, and I always request to have everything documented. Because your word is not really worth that much in comparison to legal binding documents.

hunter548 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I have a 2006 DTS with column shift. Would someone be able to show me the location of the mass dampener. I followed the cable from the shifter to the transmission and didn't see anything that looked like an adjustable component. I also stopped by the dealer to have them show me its location on the parts diagram for the cable, but nothing was specified as the mass dampener and they had no clue where it was. I'm sure it will be obvious once it's pointed out. thx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.