24 inch rims on 2008 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 24 inch rims on 2008 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Sup guys, new to the forum. Currently have a '00 DTS on 22 inch rims, love the car but it's ...
    ice2613 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

24 inch rims on 2008 DTS

Sup guys, new to the forum. Currently have a '00 DTS on 22 inch rims, love the car but it's getting old and high miles. I'm thinking about getting a 2008 dts and want to put 24's on it but want to do this without too many adjustments. Anybody know if it's possible to do without lifting or crazy adjustments?

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Re: 24 inch rims on 2008 DTS

There's probably no way to fit 24" rims on a DTS without a lift kit. There's a guy in another thread that put on 22" rims and the wheels were rubbing. But that also has to do with how wide the wheels are. You have to make sure you get a high offset rim that's narrow and designed for a FWD vehicle. That aspect usually gets in people's way and they just pick a wheel they like versus making sure it will fit right. Do you have the specs for these rims?

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    There's probably no way to fit 24" rims on a DTS without a lift kit. There's a guy in another thread that put on 22" rims and the wheels were rubbing. But that also has to do with how wide the wheels are. You have to make sure you get a high offset rim that's narrow and designed for a FWD vehicle. That aspect usually gets in people's way and they just pick a wheel they like versus making sure it will fit right. Do you have the specs for these rims?
    Ive got them on mine no lift

custom machined Asantis

How wide are those wheels? I definitely feel more confident about putting 22's on mine now.

they are 24x8.5... I have 245/30 24 tires on them same size you would have on 22's.. i had 22 inch Asantis on mine and they just didn't look right to me the 24 inch fit it fine its a big car.. i had to get 3 piece so i could get 24x8.5
    heres with the 22

I'd be too worried about cracking a rim with a tire that thin. I have enough problems with 35 series tires as it is. Well if there was enough room for 24" rims with 30 series then a 22's with 35's should be fine. It's too bad they don't make my rim design in a 24" size. How long have you had those on your vehicle? There are some that have said that the transmission wears out prematurely because of the size.

I've had them since May last year.. i dont ever drive mine though it sits most the time its an 06 with 35k miles on it.. and I dont drive it rough... so should be fine I think it's funny how everyone has a cause as to why cars break but I have a 2010 SRX all stock and have had more issues with it than any of my customized cars..

I hear you on that. I've had 20's on my Devile for about 10 years and never had any issues with the transmission. But it appears that you don't really drive it that much. I don't really drive my DTS that much anymore because the gas mileage is way better on my Deville. But I'm putting some wheels together for when I do to decide to take it out of the garage.

JDcustoms, thx for the help man, so basically i just need to get a 24x8.5 rim, i got 22x8.5 rim right now but it's tough to find 24x8.5, would a 24 x 9 work? any suggestions, websites or brands that might have em? Thx

The only way I got that is by having Asanti Make them mine.. They are a 3 piece wheel... I know others have done a wider 24 but it takes reworking the front strut to do it.. I had to trim the plastic in the wheel well and a couple other things but they work... just depends on if you want to get Asantis.. to get the right offset I had to have them built to very specific measurements the mounting pad of the wheel is custom milled..

I checked out some asanti wheels and they run about $6k for wheels, which is fine but any idea how much it would be to get whatever adjustments I would need for a 24 x 9 wheel? I know you said reworking the front strut, anything else? Most rims are around $2k so if I could get some rims for around 2k and then the adjustments for less than $2k, totaling around $4k, I'd probably rather do that.

Yeah when you rework the strut the have to lift it then cut the springs.. in order to compensate for the increase in height.. or get eibach coils that I don't think are made anymore.. might find some on ebay.. so any good suspension shop can take care of it.. just get the right offset and you should be fine and it shouldnt be 2 grand to rework the struts..

gotcha, how much of a lift do you think i need? just an inch? And if i get a 24 x 9 with a lift, will i need to do any cuts to the wheel well?

TCKINGS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Hey jdscustom could you tell me everything you had to do to put the 24s on your dts plz

kadylac1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CADILLAC DTS

I just ordered some 22x8.5 wheels for my 2008 Cadillac DTS, but I'm interested in a better-looking 22x9 wheel. Will a 22x9 wheel fit my 2008 Cadillac DTS? I've also been told that a 245/30R22 tire is the best size to go with, is this true? Thanks for the help with these 2 questions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.