Cadillac Owners Forum banner

at a lost with over heating issue????

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chopper5872 
#1 ·
Ok this is crazy, 01 caddy 40k miles, one owner and all pm has been completed at a local dealer. it has been having a issue over heating and spent lots trying to get this issue fixed with no success. First noticed the issue while driving with the ac on and it started to over heat Noticed coolant was low so I stopped and added some. the only coolant I could find was not the propper spec for my car, brought it to the caddy dealer who flushed the coolant system, replaced the water pump. the same day I picked it up from the dealer it over heater on the way home. So I went back to the dealer who replaced the reserve over flow container. I was still over heating only when the ac was running. I brought it to a non dealer tech who has since replaced the coolant fans,radiator,ac compressor,engine temp sensor,coolant temp sensor, and therostat. I picked up the caddy and this time drive 7 miles and the caddy started to over heat this time without the ac running, the change engine oil light came on. I drove it back to his place and he said it had air in the radiator and he needed to bleed the system.
after two days and repeating the bleeding procedure he has had no luck and the caddy is still over heating. Does anyone have any issues or knows of what might be causing the problems? need help please.:banghead:

#2 ·
Loosing coolant and overheating.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like you have head gasket problems. You may want to test the coolant to see if there are any combustion gases have gotten into it and if it does test positive then you'll have your answer to why you are over heating, you can borrow the block tester from Autozone. No miracle fixes off of the auto part store shelves will work, you need to remove both heads replace the head bolts/holes and gaskets (the cause is the head bolts lose their clamping force thus allowing coolant to get into the combustion chamber). Not an easy or cheap undertaking.

Good luck. Also this forum covers 2006+ DTS's you may want to look at the older Deville forum, as you'll definitely will get better help there then you will in this area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.