Dts car color -which appears larger ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Dts car color -which appears larger ? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi - optical illusion? we have the 2010 ''premium' level white -diamond DTS. Yesterday waiting at a light a DTS ...
    SHOWGIRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Awesome 2010 DTS Premium(former CTS '10 owner)

Can an exterior-color make the car appear larger or smaller?

Hi - optical illusion? we have the 2010 ''premium' level white -diamond DTS.

Yesterday waiting at a light a DTS in black pulled up next to us. It probably was a 2009 due to a non-shark-fin antennea..... It was gorgeous!! It looked brand new!

Both DH and i agreed it appeared to be much larger than ours !!! How is 'that' possible?! LOL

DH's guess was that a 'black' exterior makes a car appear larger (but then i always thought 'black' for anything i.e. clothes, etc makes an object seem 'smaller'!! )

I thought perhaps this black version might be a ''platinum level ' that comes with 18'' tires + MRC which might cause the car to 'sit' higher/taller compared to our 'premium-level' equipped with standard OEM 17'' tires and no MRC. (just conjecture on my part)

Any ideas/input would be much appreciated.

Nice that i only have 'these' mundane things to ponder i guess !! LOL Thanks again !! best wishes to you all ! Showgirl

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Re: Dts car color -which appears larger ?

It's possible that it was a DTS-L. That was a long wheelbase version made for livery companies. The rear doors are longer. They are very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    It's possible that it was a DTS-L. That was a long wheelbase version made for livery companies. The rear doors are longer. They are very impressive.
    ------------------------------
    Just googled the above car - didn't know about it...have never seen one in local dealership but perhaps they are just special-ordered ...will ask DH if the one we saw could have been the "L" but i doubt it since i think our 'reaction' would have been more of an 'oh my gosh'' than a 'wonder-why' - LOL thanks so much SG
    PS: any idea as to cost of an "L" ?

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

I've never seen one up forsale, so I don't know. I do see several of them at the airport where I work. I never seem to have my camera on me when I see one however. I should just leave it in my console. The ones in use near me are triple black, dark tinted glass and have full vinyl tops. Very sinister looking.

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    I've never seen one up forsale, so I don't know. I do see several of them at the airport where I work. I never seem to have my camera on me when I see one however. I should just leave it in my console. The ones in use near me are triple black, dark tinted glass and have full vinyl tops. Very sinister looking.
    ----------------
    did see px of one via google/link ... i doubt what we spotted next to us was in fact the "L"...i think we'd have been really taken aback...thanks again...SG

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

Mine is white diamond and it appears narrower from the back than other colors. It does have the bigger wheels though. Could just be in my head.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.