Under warranty 2006 DTS fluids flushed @ dealership w/under chassis inspect. (LEAKS)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Under warranty 2006 DTS fluids flushed @ dealership w/under chassis inspect. (LEAKS) in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I took my under warranty 2006 DTS to get the fluid's flushed at the Mark Christopher Ontario,CA Cadillac dealership , ...
    REVELATION13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS

Thumbs down Under warranty 2006 DTS fluids flushed @ dealership w/under chassis inspect. (LEAKS)

I took my under warranty 2006 DTS to get the fluid's flushed at the Mark Christopher Ontario,CA Cadillac dealership , i was told it will get a under chassis inspection .

I asked to please look for oil leaks ,he said they would check and let me know.

When i picked the car up a few hours later, i asked if they were any leaks the service advisor said everything checked out great ,and that i really got a good car.

I looked under the car and saw some slugged build up and thought i better take the car to my Buddy's shop (Roy's Auto) in Upland,CA we lifted the car and saw three oil leaks from the,

1. Oil pressure switch
    2. Oil filter housing gasket
    3. Valve cover gasket

I called the Cadillac service center and told them pretty much they lied to me !
    probably standard procedure .

My question ? i still have the certified lux warranty am i covered for leaks ?

Also my steering knuckle shaft make a clunk sound both ways when making left and right turns very light sound that you can feel thru the steering wheel and my left headlight makes a stutter every now and then .

Any Help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Under warranty 2006 DTS fluids flushed @ dealership w/under chassis inspect. (LEA

Quote Originally Posted by REVELATION13 View Post
    I took my under warranty 2006 DTS to get the fluid's flushed at the Mark Christopher Ontario,CA Cadillac dealership , i was told it will get a under chassis inspection .

I asked to please look for oil leaks ,he said they would check and let me know.

When i picked the car up a few hours later, i asked if they were any leaks the service advisor said everything checked out great ,and that i really got a good car.

I looked under the car and saw some slugged build up and thought i better take the car to my Buddy's shop (Roy's Auto) in Upland,CA we lifted the car and saw three oil leaks from the,

1. Oil pressure switch
    2. Oil filter housing gasket
    3. Valve cover gasket
    I called the Cadillac service center and told them pretty much they lied to me !
    probably standard procedure .

My question ? i still have the certified lux warranty am i covered for leaks ?
    Also my steering knuckle shaft make a clunk sound both ways when making left and right turns very light sound that you can feel thru the steering wheel and my left headlight makes a stutter every now and then .

Any Help would be great.
    If you have the Cadillac Certified Warranty... then the oil leaks are covered... along with everything else, including the headlight.
    I have GMPP and they replaced the ballast in my passenger side headlight a while back.
    I also had a real slight case halfseal leak and the rear valve cover had a slight leak.
    It was all fixed under warranty.

Texas Jim

quebec#1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts Cadillac 2000 sts balck on black

Re: Under warranty 2006 DTS fluids flushed @ dealership w/under chassis inspect. (LEA

Just picked up my car for the same problem ! Everything was covered under warranty. The file was already open from previous owner who passed away in March.
    I also found out that my lumbar support is also covered under waaranty but the dealer that did the work said no ! I asked another dealer in the erea and they said yes ! I have a date to bring the car in mid june and of course a $100 deductible applies.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

REVELATION13,

I am sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these issues with your vehicle. Could you please provide me with your VIN so I can take a look at your warranty?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Yes i will PM it to you now. Thanks

Thank you Cadillac Customer Service,

Just got off the phone with Scott over at Mark Christopher Cadillac.

Scott said "sorry i missed the leaks and that you are covered under the Luxury Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty".

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    REVELATION13,

I am sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these issues with your vehicle. Could you please provide me with your VIN so I can take a look at your warranty?

Thank you!

REVELATION13,

I am glad to hear that you got everything worked out! If you have any other questions, feel free to message me or find me on the forum!

Thank you!

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

Why is there a $100 deductible? I have never had to pay this and I had lots of warranty work done. I think it depends on where you go - some places did not want to do work that other places did not even think twice about.

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Lev Blekher View Post
    Why is there a $100 deductible? I have never had to pay this and I had lots of warranty work done. I think it depends on where you go - some places did not want to do work that other places did not even think twice about.
    Different plans, levels. There are 0, 50, and 100 deductibles available. There may be more but I am not sure.

$0 deductible w/certified pre-owned luxury warranty

i was wondering the same thing if i had a deductible called and was told,

$0 deductible w/certified pre-owned luxury warranty.

REVELATION13,

Glad to hear your dealership clarified on the deductible for you!

Thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.