GM / Cadillac DTS 2006-2011 Front Seats - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, GM / Cadillac DTS 2006-2011 Front Seats in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by hueterm Yay to the fuel door lock extinction, as well as the auto hydraulic parking brake release ...
    HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Re: GM / Cadillac DTS 2006-2011 Front Seats

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Yay to the fuel door lock extinction, as well as the auto hydraulic parking brake release -- AND the auto truck pull down. ALL are apt to fail at the most inconvenient moment...
    I do miss the power trunk pull down feature. The vacuum auto parking brake release was a neat feature, although I can't say that I used it much.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by ffrog View Post
    Also, only one door key access hole - on the drivers door. Tremendous savings there.

key? I haven't used a key to open a drivers door since 1986. Remote keyless entry is a wonderful feature.

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

I prefer the clean look of not having a keyhole. Do wish they had a remote gas door release and trunk pull-down. They still put it on Corvettes. I have locking gas caps on my vehicles. I realize a criminal with a purpose can do whatever they want. I mostly just have it to prevent juvenile tampering because some areas to which I travel kinda suck.

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by HartfordGuy View Post
    key? I haven't used a key to open a drivers door since 1986. Remote keyless entry is a wonderful feature.
    Until it fails or the battery is dead. I also have not used a key to open a car door or trunk for longer than I can remember.

Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by ffrog View Post
    Until it fails or the battery is dead.
    I also have not used a key to open a car door or trunk for longer than I can remember.
    Just a thought....
    I use my key every once in a while... just to keep the lock mechanism from corroding and seizing up and to make sure it still works JUST IN CASE I do need it.

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    Just a thought....
    I use my key every once in a while... just to keep the lock mechanism from corroding and seizing up and to make sure it still works JUST IN CASE I do need it.
    Great suggestion Jim – I will do that today. I am getting kind of lazy since retirement and had not thought of doing it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.