The last DTS goes to Nicola Bulgari
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Jesda
  • 2 Post By Mafiaman111
  • 2 Post By Superjim
  • 2 Post By fadingrockstar
  • 2 Post By HartfordGuy
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, The last DTS goes to Nicola Bulgari in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The last DTS goes to Nicola Bulgari

http://www.facebook.com/notes/cadill...05780039457696

DETROIT -- Nicola Bulgari, an avid car collector and vice chairman of the Bulgari luxury goods firm, prefers not to dwell on the sheer number of automobiles in his car collection.

“Is it important?” Bulgari asked. “Is it the number or the quality that matters? It’s the quality.”

Bulgari buys each car for a reason, not just to expand his collection. So when he heard Cadillac was ending production of the DTS luxury sedan, Bulgari knew he wanted the last one off the line.

Introduced for the 2006 model year, the DTS is a significant automobile, primarily because of the Northstar V-8 engine under its hood, Bulgari said. The last DTS, made this week at General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Plant, is now headed for Bulgari’s collection.

“I like the DTS because it’s a great sedan,” Bulgari said. “It’s the last of an era. I thought it would be wonderful to own the last Northstar in a DTS. It’s one of the best engines ever designed – reliable and a performer.”

For decades, the DTS and its predecessor, the DeVille, have anchored Cadillac’s spot in the large luxury car market. Last year, the DTS outsold all other large luxury cars in the United States, topping the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW 7-Series, Lexus LS430 and Lincoln Town Car. A version of the DTS also served as the U.S. president’s limousine until 2009, when it was replaced by a new Cadillac presidential limousine.

The last DTS will join an illustrious line of automobiles in Bulgari’s collection, which he houses at facilities in Rome and Allentown, Pa. The grandson of a silversmith who opened a jewelry shop in Rome in 1884, Nicola Bulgari has helped the company grow into a global network of 293 stores selling high-end jewelry, watches, leather goods, perfumes and fashion accessories.
    HartfordGuy and HartfordGuy like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 173000 miles Black on Black

Re: The last DTS goes to Nicola Bulgari

its a sad day when another Cadillac is discontinued especially the Deville/DTS i love them cars
    Rauf and Rauf like this.

Mark58 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS Performance

Nice while it lasted, Then on the other hand In my opinion the quality and Luxury have gone down hill for many yrs now. Inside the car most of good luxury items are gone. Open trunk and no lights, same for under the hood.
    Inside the car mostly PLASTIC. Where is the Cadillac LUXURY part or am I missing something?

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Mark58 View Post
    Nice while it lasted, Then on the other hand In my opinion the quality and Luxury have gone down hill for many yrs now. Inside the car most of good luxury items are gone. Open trunk and no lights, same for under the hood.
    Inside the car mostly PLASTIC. Where is the Cadillac LUXURY part or am I missing something?
    Mine has lights in the trunk...and real wood on the dash and doors...
    2006 Performance Sedan...

But I agree, most of the "LUXURY" stuff is gone.
    Little things, like the auto trunk pulldown, the litter bin on the passengers side, "SOFT TOUCH" materials on the inside, really comfortable seats, really "QUIET" ride.
    I could go on forever, listing stuff that I would like to have (and did have in other Cadillacs)... but it wouldn't do any good.
    I will probably buy a slightly used 2011 Platinum late this year or next year.
    I am going to drive this one till it starts giving me trouble...then get another one.
    I am old and stiff with bad knees and hips.
    There are only a very few cars that "FIT ME" and don't make me hurt when I drive them.
    I still want a BIG car... not some little ol' crackerbox that hurts me every time I drive it.
    I will also be looking at the Lexus 460.
    I haven't looked at it yet.

Texas Jim

HMMMM,,Mine is 2007 Performance model also,,,OK who stole my trunk light?,,,LOL
    Nothing like my old 2001 DHS,,,all luxury, plush interior, telescoping seat belt restrain and many more features all gone.

quebec#1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts Cadillac 2000 sts balck on black

The XTS Platinum Concept car looks real nice ! If they keep it like the concept car im sure it will be just as nice if not nicer the the current Dts. It still looks like a big car !

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

Superjim...don't go foreign!

Here are some more articles, with pictures:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/last-cad...ollection.html

http://www.leftlanenews.com/northsta...parted-v8.html

jock82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't miss the auto pull down at all. I'm glad my 2009 does not have this, I think it was a pain and I am perfectly capable of shutting the trunk. It is just like a lot of junk on my 2009. Heated and cooled seats, I will probably never use them. Nav system, I have onstar, I like the sunroof, my 83 Fleetwood de'Elegance had an astro roof. Luxury, to me, is room and a soft quiet ride, not troublesome gadgets. I do like the XM radio. Heated steering wheel, come on. I can remember when a luxury automobile had power windows, power steering, brakes, air conditioning, power antenna, auto dimmer. They were big and comfortable. I have seen some so-called luxury cars, namely lexus, mercedes, and bmw that remind me of honda civics.

Soft ride? Apparently you don't have Performance model. Plush seats? thing of the past.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I love all the GADGETS in mine...
    It wouldn't be a Cadillac without them.

I would like for it to have better, more comfortable, seats.
    I wish it were a little bit quieter when running down the road as far as road noise goes.

But what's the point of driving with cold hands in the winter time if you have a heated steering wheel???
    I use it.

I use the cooled seat every time I am in the car and it is above 50 degrees.
    I like the cool air blowing on my back and legs.

I like the remote start that in the winter time, will turn on the heated seats, heater and front and rear defrosters when needed and even automatically activate the Heated Washers to clear frost from the front windshield..
    Then when I get in the car, it is nice and comfortable and ready for me to drive.

I too have OnStar... Directions and Connections.
    I use it a good bit when we are traveling to locate places to eat and hotels...among other things.

I really like my NAV system.
    We take a lot of road trips... this car now has 102,000 miles on it and the first one had 40,000 on it when it burned. That's 142,000 in just over 5 years almost all road trip miles.

I have a 2006 Chevy van that I drove when I was still working that also has over 100,000 on it.
    This is just my opinion... but why pay the extra money for a Cadillac and not use the GADGETS that came with it??
    Might as well have got an Impala...

Texas Jim
    Rauf and Rauf like this.

fadingrockstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Aztec Red Collector Edition Eldorado

It is sad that Cadillac no longer has a "Deville" or an "Eldorado" in their stable!
    Rauf and Rauf like this.

jock82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    I love all the GADGETS in mine...
    It wouldn't be a Cadillac without them.

I would like for it to have better, more comfortable, seats.
    I wish it were a little bit quieter when running down the road as far as road noise goes.

But what's the point of driving with cold hands in the winter time if you have a heated steering wheel???
    I use it.

I use the cooled seat every time I am in the car and it is above 50 degrees.
    I like the cool air blowing on my back and legs.

I like the remote start that in the winter time, will turn on the heated seats, heater and front and rear defrosters when needed and even automatically activate the Heated Washers to clear frost from the front windshield..
    Then when I get in the car, it is nice and comfortable and ready for me to drive.

I too have OnStar... Directions and Connections.
    I use it a good bit when we are traveling to locate places to eat and hotels...among other things.

I really like my NAV system.
    We take a lot of road trips... this car now has 102,000 miles on it and the first one had 40,000 on it when it burned. That's 142,000 in just over 5 years almost all road trip miles.

I have a 2006 Chevy van that I drove when I was still working that also has over 100,000 on it.
    This is just my opinion... but why pay the extra money for a Cadillac and not use the GADGETS that came with it??
    Might as well have got an Impala...

Texas Jim
    When I was younger, back in the late 50's and early 60's still in school I used to make all the car dealerships at the new model announcements and pick up brochures. At that time if I could have afforded a new car, I would have had a Cadillac or Imperial with every option in the catalog. Electric windows, I always wanted a car with electric windows, then electric vent windows, air-conditioning, electric antenna, power seats, stereo radio. I told my dad one day I would have a car with all of these. When I bought my first car (a new 1970 coupe de ville while I was in the Navy) GM had eliminated vent windows and antennas. But I had the auto dimming lights, stereo radio (signal seeking which could be set to pick out only stereo stations, as there were not that many at the time) power seats and windows, auto climate control, etc. It did have style and it was roomy and comfortable). As time went on more and more options were added to the list that could be purchased on a car. Most of these options can be had now and are standard on lesser cars. It is had to find a vehicle with manual windows, I have a pickup that does. The point I was trying to make is, I drive a car for a very long time. I have 5 cars one 35 years old, one 22, one 17, a 29 year old truck and this DTS. I will probably drive this DTS for at least 10 years. These are basically throw away cars, like computers, it's probably cheaper to get a new one than fix the old one. That is probably why the resale values suck. When these things start going bad down the road you have a piece of junk. You won't be able to get parts as some will be discontinued. ( I have a lumbar switch out on the 94 Concours and GM doesn't make that part anymore, so I have to search used parts to find one. I only put 3,000 miles on this DTS in one year and plan to only use it for trips. I would have kept renting for trips but everytime I reserved a Cadillac when I went to get one, they were all out and I would get a town car (which I didn't mind but no X-M radio or on star) but the last straw was 2 years ago they wanted to give a Chrysler 300. Which I refused and they managed to get me a town car. So I took the plunge and bought this DTS. I was not necessarily looking for one with the nav system, but I did want a sun-roof. I got a good deal on this luxury premium collection model and I bought it. I just don't look forward to the problems these things will eventually cause. I do like the Northstar, (although the Concours blew a head gasket 2 years ago at 105,000 miles). My 83 Fleetwood was so underpowered it couldn't get out of its own way. I guess I could maybe get a 2011 in a couple of years because it looks as though the real Cadillacs will be gone with the demise of the DTS. In my personal opinion that XTS is a sad replacement.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

I'm going to wait to see a production XTS in person before I condemn it. All we've seen so far is the concept and a few highly covered up test cars. As we should know by now, cars never go from concept to production without changes.
    Rusty058 and Rusty058 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.