Dts Problem!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Dts Problem! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 2006 DTS is going crazy! The door locks constantly lock and unlock while driving. While this is happening, the ...
    lthomas11002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Dts Problem!

My 2006 DTS is going crazy! The door locks constantly lock and unlock while driving. While this is happening, the sifter indicator on the dash is moving from drive to neutral to reverse, to park which make the engine stall! I replaced the sifter control.....$300! Still the same problem. Please help, any suggestions would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Dts Problem!

I would take it and have the trouble codes read at the dealer.
    The codes will tell you what is wrong with it so you don't just throw parts at it and HOPE it fixes it.

My first guess would be the door module, but it could also be a number of other things causing it.
    Have you worked on the radio lately??

Jim

lthomas11002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Nothing has been done to the car except regular maintenance. Seems like there's a bad connection somewhere.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

I agree with Jim. With todays electronics, many systems and wiring are multiplexed making it hard to diagnose. Let the dealer scan it for codes.

Kenwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Premium Platinum

Could be a bad or corroded ground wire. I'd start at the battery itself. Lift off the rear seat and have a look at the posts. Even if they don't look too bad, make sure the connections are firm and secure and wipe off any crud that may have accumulated over time and then spray with some battery post protectant. I still use those old felt rings. They're old school, but I swear they work.

Also, check to make sure a fuse hasn't come loose. Good luck.

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

I had similar problems. Not as bad as yours. All was corrected by a Software down load at the dealer.

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

I was also thinking this sounds like something that can be fixed with a software flash before trying anything mechanical. Nature of the beast these days.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

lthomas11002, have you been to dealership yet for your issues? If so could you please update us at to what went on with them (whether there was a fix or not and what was done to the vehicle while it was there). Thank you!

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Rusty058 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII

This thread has me thinking,if the heater fails to come on when using the remote start would a software "fix" eliminate this annoyance? The heat works normally otherwise.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty058 View Post
    This thread has me thinking,if the heater fails to come on when using the remote start would a software "fix" eliminate this annoyance? The heat works normally otherwise.
    I would think it is very possible that an update would correct that problem.
    My dealer spent over TWO AND A HALF HOURS installing updates to mine about at the end of 2007...
    There were a LOT of updates to install.
    I was back in the service dept watching and talking to the Service Manager while he did it.

I have not experienced a lot of the problems that other people have mentioned.
    That may or may not be due to all of the software upgrades I have had done.

Texas Jim

AZBLUECHIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I have a problem at times where the power windows and door locks on passenger side are dead. If I shut off the car and open the door and close it the problem goes away for a few days. Has this happened to any of you?

Denny

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by AZBLUECHIP View Post
    I have a problem at times where the power windows and door locks on passenger side are dead. If I shut off the car and open the door and close it the problem goes away for a few days. Has this happened to any of you?

Denny
    Absolutely. That was my exact problem. It was really annoying, especially if I had a passenger with me. It was corrected over 3 years ago with a Software upgrade and since then I have never had that problem again.

There was a service bulletin out on this (not a recall) but it may be covered anyway. Check with your dealer. I’m sorry, I have no idea what the bulletin number is. If you have an extended warranty it would be covered.

Good luck.

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

Try this. Reprogram your door lock options, select another mode, drive around for a while if that dont work disconnect battery both pos. and neg. for about 10 min. this would be like a computer reboot. The car will hopefully zap the electron gremlins. Mike

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

Sounds like there are a lot of software upgrades and the average customer does not know about them. What do they do? I'm thinking of going in and telling them to give me the full menu.

Rusty058 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII

Quote Originally Posted by Lev Blekher View Post
    Sounds like there are a lot of software upgrades and the average customer does not know about them. What do they do? I'm thinking of going in and telling them to give me the full menu.
    Good question.I never heard of software updates to a car but of course I never owned a Cadillac before either

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.