Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dts Problem!

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Dts Problem!

Believe me... there are a LOT of software upgrades to the car.
    They are normally applied only if you are having a problem and complain about it.

Texas Jim

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Re: Dts Problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty058 View Post
    Good question.I never heard of software updates to a car but of course I never owned a Cadillac before either
    Almost newer models and many older ones use software to control the vehicle. Emissions, engine timing, door locks, power windows, etc, etc, etc…….

I recently had some issues with my 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada with 130,000 miles. Took it to the local Chevrolet dealer and they upgraded all for less than $200. Corrected several problems. Lights flickering, engine fan running too fast to name just two.

So yes, you car is a computer on wheels. As mentioned by a previous poster reprogramming you door locks, driving around the block, reconnecting the battery may reset the locks and windows, but just getting out of the car had the same effect, but then it would happen again. The safe and permanent way is to let the dealer do the SW upgrade. This was a known issue for the 2006 DTS and GM should have sent letters to all, not just the ones who complained.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12