Questions about options on my new DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Questions about options on my new DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just bought a 2011 DTS Premium. I was curious if I have the ultrasonic front parking sensor on this ...
    ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Questions about options on my new DTS

I just bought a 2011 DTS Premium. I was curious if I have the ultrasonic front parking sensor on this model. I have the light display on top of the dash but I haven't seen it ever turn on or light up (except during startup) like the rear parking sensor lights do (the ones you see in your rearview mirror when backing). Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Questions about options on my new DTS

if you have the display on the dash and the sensors in the bumper you would have that option

i can check you vin if you want me to, but it would seem that you do have the option

i think they only work under 5mph or something tho so if you pull into spots fast then they won't light up (i think)

maybe do some reading in your owner's manual
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    I just bought a 2011 DTS Premium. I was curious if I have the ultrasonic front parking sensor on this model. I have the light display on top of the dash but I haven't seen it ever turn on or light up (except during startup) like the rear parking sensor lights do (the ones you see in your rearview mirror when backing). Thanks.
    The Premium does have it on front and rear as standard equipment.

To check it...next time you pull into the garage...VERY SLOWLY... pull up closer to the wall than usual.
    At about 3.5 feet, 1st light will come on..
    At about 2.5 feet, the 2nd light will come on...
    At about 2 feet the 3rd light will come on...
    At about 18 inches ALL of them will be one and blinking and it will be beeping at you.

Texas Jim

Thanks guys. I tried my manual but the manual shows you how to use everything that could come on any model but doesn't list what's specific to my model. I will check it out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    Thanks guys. I tried my manual but the manual shows you how to use everything that could come on any model but doesn't list what's specific to my model. I will check it out tomorrow.
    Your Dealer can print you a "BUILD SHEET" that lists everything on your car.

You can also go here and enter you VIN and get a list...

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Texas Jim

i can also email you a build sheet if you're interested
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

My VIN is 1G6KH5E63BU113113

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

Is it common for a DTS to have H after K? I have only seen KD.

KD, KE, KF have been common for the three deville trims through the late 90's and up through 2005

in 2006 they switched to just KD

in 2010 they added a ton... see the 'model designation' chart below

Yellowelephant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Is this not an option that is turned on and off in the Driver Information Centre?
    I have a 2006 and I can access the option there.

that's a good possibility... anyone have their owner's manual nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    that's a good possibility... anyone have their owner's manual nearby?
    If your vehicle is equipped, the Ultrasonic Front and Rear Parking Assist (UFRPA) system is designed to help you park.
    It operates only at speeds less than 5 mph (8km/h). UFRPA helps make parking easier and helps you avoid colliding with objects such as parked vehicles.
    The UFRPA system detects objects that are close to the vehicle which are at least 10 inches (25.4 cm) off the ground and below hood or trunk level.
    The system detects objects up to 4 feet (1.2 m) in front of the vehicle and up to 8 feet (2.5 m) behind your vehicle. UFRPA determines how close these objects are from your bumpers within this area. Four ultrasonic sensors on the front and rear bumpers are used to detect the distance to the object.

The UFRPA lights are used to provide distance and system information, along with beeps played out either the front or rear speakers. For objects detected near the front bumper, high-toned beeps will be played out the front speakers. For objects detected near the rear bumper, low-toned beeps will be played out the rear speakers.

How the System Works
    When the vehicle is started, the front display will briefly illuminate to let you know the display is operating correctly. When the shift lever is moved into
    REVERSE (R), the rear display will briefly illuminate to let you know the display is operating correctly.

UFRPA comes on automatically when the shift lever is moved out of PARK (P). The system does not work at a forward speed greater than 5 mph (8 km/h), so the front display indicators are turned off. The system also does not work at a reverse speed greater than 5 mph (8 km/h).
    To remind you of this, the red light on the rear display will flash.

The system can be enabled/disabled using the Driver Information Center (DIC).
    See DIC Controls and Displays on page 3-72.

Texas Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.