Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My DTS is wearing her new shoes that I bought her.

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackRavenDTS 
#1 ·
I bought her these new tires. I pretty much just told my father to run out and pick on the best tire for her and these is what I got.

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/name/energy-mxv4-plus-tires

They put in nitrogen as well for free. I guess that's suppose to be better or something?

On a side note.... I got my moon roof fixed. It use to be sunken into the car. Now its level with the roof and looks much better now :eek::D

#6 ·
Absolutely! Check out TireRack.com for prices as well as tire comparison tests. My hunch is that Michelin will have what you're looking for, although I had a good experience with a set of Generals a few years back on a different car. Soft, quiet, and very good handling in wet conditions.

If you find some Michelins that you like on TireRack, but don't have a shop that you trust to install them for you, print out the price and bring it to Costco. They'll factor in shipping, mounting and road hazard costs, but you get some nice benefits with Costco such as free rotations, nitrogen (some places want to charge you $49.99 for nitrogen!) and the road hazard is nice to have if you ever get a sidewall bubble or a blowout from a pot hole. Plus, Michelins have their own warranty above and beyond some other tire manufacturers.

I've had good experiences with Costco and frequently hear other's stories as well.

#9 ·
I Got my tires at a discounted rate just because the owner is a friend of my fathers. So I have no clue how much I paid for my Michelins. They filled it with Nitrogen for free too. Also did an alignment on the tires. All said and done I paid $944 and change for the whole job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.