Windshield Washer Jets
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Windshield Washer Jets in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Do you guys know if these are adjustable? My passenger side wiper coats that side of the windshield evenly. The ...
    _ike_ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS Luxury III

Windshield Washer Jets

Do you guys know if these are adjustable?

My passenger side wiper coats that side of the windshield evenly. The drivers sprays into the arm and just scatters the water around, not much gets on the glass.

I put a new wiper arm on since it includes the jets, this one does the same thing as the old one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Windshield Washer Jets

As far as I know, they are not adjustable. My wife's 2008 DTS works fine.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

I would doubt that they're adjustable, since they're virtually right up against the windshield. If the spray pattern seems strange, is it on the weak side? Maybe you have a blockage upstream of the nozzle that's affecting the spray pattern. I just (yesterday) had one of the nozzles replaced on the drivers side due to blockage.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

_ike_, I looked through the owners manual for your vehicle and did not find any information on adjusting the spray of the wiper fluid jets. If this continues I would suggest speaking with a dealership about this issue. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks.

I'll check the tubing of the drivers side. If I can not find a solution I may have the dealer check it when I am there but their service department is pretty awful so I would rather figure it out myself.

They are adjustable. Each jet is on a ball that can swivel. I'm playing with the old one right now. It was pointed to where the fluid was being caught by the wiper arm. I will adjust the one on the car tomorrow.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by _ike_ View Post
    They are adjustable. Each jet is on a ball that can swivel. I'm playing with the old one right now. It was pointed to where the fluid was being caught by the wiper arm. I will adjust the one on the car tomorrow.
    THANK YOU..
    That is good information.

Texas Jim

I've pointed them up down, and sideways. I've even turned the jets perpendicular to the windscreen and it has gotten me no results. I think there is a blockage or something causing a weak flow of water. I will have to get the dealer to look at it. I took a screw out of a panel under the hood to try and see the hose and a washer flew off so I need to go in to order that too.

Quote Originally Posted by _ike_ View Post
    I've pointed them up down, and sideways. I've even turned the jets perpendicular to the windscreen and it has gotten me no results. I think there is a blockage or something causing a weak flow of water. I will have to get the dealer to look at it. I took a screw out of a panel under the hood to try and see the hose and a washer flew off so I need to go in to order that too.
    If you are still under warranty...there should be no charge.

JIm

It may be covered, I have CPO warranty. I'm not worried about the cost I'm more worried about what the dealer will break trying to do the job. I am going to bring it to a different dealer than where it was purchased. I have to deal with the one I bought the car at because there are some things that were promised to be fixed, they are trying to get out of some of them. It really is a big mess. I will never buy another car there or use them for any service that isn't something they are liable for.

Give us the name of the no good dealer, so someone else won't go there.

I am working with GM and the dealer. Once things are sorted out I will post the name.

Lev Blekher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES

I understand your sorrow as both my parent's VWs were damaged each time something had to be fixed. My Cadillac dealer was great however.

I wasted all my washer fluid trying this out, but my driver's side nozzle seems to be less thorough in coverage than the passenger's side. I noticed this in the past too. However it does not affect the quality of the wash or the visibility in my opinion.

I finally got them working better. For some reason I was adjusting them the opposite way they needed to go. They both give good coverage now that I got the water to hit the windshield and not bounce off of other parts of the wiper.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Thanks for the tips. The drivers side washer doesn't spread the fluid around as well as the passenger side on my 07 DTS either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.