navigations systems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, navigations systems in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; can i add a factory navigation system to a 2006 DTS?...
    quincy813 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

navigations systems

can i add a factory navigation system to a 2006 DTS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Re: navigations systems

That is a very popular question.

The answer is yes, but not easily. The Nav radio is pricey even on Ebay. You need the GPS antenna that goes under the front dashpad. And worse of all, you need to run a VSS wire to the new radio. The car is not wired for it.

Nobody has come up with a step by step set of instructions yet. I'd like to add it as well, but not if I have to mess with the wiring. If there was an adapter plug I'd try it.

Plus you will still need to go to your local Cadillac dealer to program the radio.

I asked my dealer if they had done any upgrades and they said no and no thanks.

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Yes you can did it on mine there are a few wires you have to run from the radio to the amp for voice guidance and to the onstar unit and one to the trans for speed signal and it all works fine i have all the specifics as far as pins and everything

nyru201 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts

Quote Originally Posted by JDsCustom1 View Post
    Yes you can did it on mine there are a few wires you have to run from the radio to the amp for voice guidance and to the onstar unit and one to the trans for speed signal and it all works fine i have all the specifics as far as pins and everything

can you please put up some instructions on how you did the install,

tanks

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

A question to the OP: why would you go to all this trouble and expense when for $200 you can get a pretty decent Garmin? It's functionality will be better,the map updates are way cheaper ($50) plus you can transfer it to a rental when you go travelling. I have been very pleasantly surprised by the one I bought for my wife - things like Junction View, traffic congestion warning, and the Bluetooth connection are nice. Yesterday she flew to Halifax NS on business and took it with her so today she can find her way to the famous Peggy's Cove scenic site.

Plus some of the crazy GM decisions are avoided (Oh, you liked the digital clock? Too bad - no clock for you!).

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by nyru201 View Post
    can you please put up some instructions on how you did the install,

tanks
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.